Michigan-Detroit
Options

Juliet cap veil

Has anyone come across the juliet cap style veil while shopping for wedding dresses or accessories in metro Detroit?  This is what I'm looking for, but I'm not comfortable buying one without trying it on, and I didn't see anything even close to this style at any of the bridal stores I have been to.  Here's a couple examples from the internet.  Thanks for any tips!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Juliet cap veil

• Options
    elkayelkay member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    It seems that would be a fairly simple and quick style to make, if you or a friend craft at all. Ask someone who makes costumes for the local theater group.

Your first pic looks especially simple. Visit Haberman's Fabrics in Royal Oak, or even JoAnn's, and look at the trims for the headband. Be sure to check in the upholstery department too! It's surprising what you can find there. The staff at Haberman's can guide you on how-to.  

• Options
    Thank you!  I actually have a belt/headband that comes with my dress, so I have been strongly considering trying to make a veil myself- just nervous to do so.  I'm very crafty and am DIY'ing a lot of this wedding stuff, but I have ZERO sewing skills.  (Does this even need sewing.. I'm clueless haha).  Maybe I should just give it a try... I'd hate to spend $300 on what is basically a piece of tulle from the bridal shop.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards