Snarky Brides

C'mon, I know you're on The Knot (baby snark)

edited May 2014 in Snarky Brides
Soooo I will be in a wedding in a few weeks and I received my invitation to said wedding yesterday. It was addressed to Ms. PennyBlossom2311....and that was it. I know this bride is on The Knot because she says she has learned so much from reading and talking to you ladies on here. (Well, maybe she just lurked and only read certain boards becasue I think she missed the part where you should invite significant others, especially since we will be married by your wedding) It just irked me...like really irked me. I called and said, "Hey, I saw that FI wasn't listed on the invitation. Just wanted to confirm that he is ok to come." "Oh, I couldn't think of your FI's name, so I figured I would just send it to you. Besides, you'll be too busy being in the wedding and getting ready with us to really spend time with him, but if you really want him there, you can bring him along"......... UMMMMMM WTF. Number one, I am in your wedding. You were honestly too busy to grab your phone and ask what FI's name was? (FI and I are not on FB) You also received the invitation from us with BOTH of our names printed on the front. Number two, how do you not know FI's name? We talk about him pretty often. Number three, if you want me to be included in your wedding, FI should be invited, we kind of come as a pair. I am not spending the entire day stuck up your butt. I also do not intend to sit through an entire reception without him there. Number four, what part of you thought it was ok to determine that FI would be bored or that we wouldn't spend time together? The list goes on..... I was just irked that so little thought was put into it. I wonder how other guests fared?

Re: C'mon, I know you're on The Knot (baby snark)

• Hoolleee shit. I think she's lying about not knowing his name. It seems like she just didn't want to invite him. 
  • @ ClmbingBidgeNY - I have no clue...FI and I have had met up with her and her FI several times for lunches and outings. It's not like she has never met him. And as far I knew, we all got along. I blame it on pure laziness. I had never been in that position and I always said I would just let things slide, but it really bugged me, especially since I took the effort to call and confirm name spellings and addresses. Just laziness.
  • just give her one of these...

• Is this the same bride you've been posting about?

Because if it is, I continue to ask, why are you still in this wedding??
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Oh damn. I just read a bunch of your posts about your bridezilla friend. Listen, I know she has a TBI and is at about a teenager level socially, but you don't have to be a saint. You do not have to stay friends with her. Bring your FI to the wedding so we can get both your reactions to the shitshow, but after that I hope you'll write her off.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @HisGirlFriday13 and @tortoisebride- No, this is a different wedding. By the end of this year, I'll have added 4 new BM dresses to my collection...Lucky me lol. This wedding has been a breeze, for the most part. Some nutty ideas and things I don't really agree with (think cash bar, registry info tucked in the invitation, etc.) I guess in that respect, I shouldn't be surprised about the invitation thing. But for some reason it did bug me.....No drama though, so in the scheme of things, I guess not so bad.
  • @HisGirlFriday13 and @tortoisebride- No, this is a different wedding. By the end of this year, I'll have added 4 new BM dresses to my collection...Lucky me lol. This wedding has been a breeze, for the most part. Some nutty ideas and things I don't really agree with (think cash bar, registry info tucked in the invitation, etc.) I guess in that respect, I shouldn't be surprised about the invitation thing. But for some reason it did bug me.....No drama though, so in the scheme of things, I guess not so bad.
    Well that's something, I guess. Report back.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Uhh... wow.  Hopefully she read this lol
  • I would think that the bridal party members would be the first guests to receive plus ones?  How strange would it be for your friend to be invited to a wedding without her husband?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That's pure laziness and rudeness. Especially since you are in the bridal party. 

@hisgirlfriday13 - I LOVE your new pic! I adore Scarlett :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow -- Thanks!! I felt the need for a change. And I love, love, LOVE Scarlett.

Obviously.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

• Soooo I will be in a wedding in a few weeks and I received my invitation to said wedding yesterday. It was addressed to Ms. PennyBlossom2311....and that was it. I know this bride is on The Knot because she says she has learned so much from reading and talking to you ladies on here. (Well, maybe she just lurked and only read certain boards becasue I think she missed the part where you should invite significant others, especially since we will be married by your wedding) It just irked me...like really irked me. I called and said, "Hey, I saw that FI wasn't listed on the invitation. Just wanted to confirm that he is ok to come." "Oh, I couldn't think of your FI's name, so I figured I would just send it to you. Besides, you'll be too busy being in the wedding and getting ready with us to really spend time with him, but if you really want him there, you can bring him along"......... UMMMMMM WTF. Number one, I am in your wedding. You were honestly too busy to grab your phone and ask what FI's name was? (FI and I are not on FB) You also received the invitation from us with BOTH of our names printed on the front. Number two, how do you not know FI's name? We talk about him pretty often. Number three, if you want me to be included in your wedding, FI should be invited, we kind of come as a pair. I am not spending the entire day stuck up your butt. I also do not intend to sit through an entire reception without him there. Number four, what part of you thought it was ok to determine that FI would be bored or that we wouldn't spend time together? The list goes on..... I was just irked that so little thought was put into it. I wonder how other guests fared?

I would have seriously snarked at her for that comment. I mean - WTF? You are going to stand up with her and show your support for her marriage but she doesn't feel the need to respect your relationship by inviting your FI?
    Also, If you're not on Facebook she could have texted you something like "Hey, can you send me your FI's name so I can make sure I spell it properly for the wedding invite?" ... Its not hard...
  • @OnceUponAVine- I am totally with you! Neither FI or I have FB and we went through our list and called or text all of our guests to get correct spellings for the invitations. It was not hard AT ALL...I really just think it was pure laziness. Which, really is as lame excuse. 

@bananasplit472001 - I would have thought FI would definitely be invited, by name, as well. I'm not really sure what was running through her head. Oh well...one of those things I guess you just side eye. I don't think it was done out of malice. 

I may have mentioned that I put in under Snarky Brides....Maybe she has taken a peek.  
  • Well that's some grade-A bullshit if I ever heard it.
    Anniversary

• I'm rather appalled that for someone who is close enough to you to have you in your wedding, she has such disregard for your relationship. Like, really appalled.  I have three BM's and a handful of other close friends coming to the wedding, and I couldn't imagine "forgetting" any of their significant others or assuming anyone would be too busy with ME to spend time with their significant other. 

Unbelievable. 

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would be concerned as to what other "surprises"  or "duties" she has in store for you the day of the wedding.  I would also get to the reception ASAP and make sure FI has a seat at a table.  If not, I'd pull a chair up alongside the head bridal party table, which I would assume she is having.
  • MobKaz said:
    I would be concerned as to what other "surprises"  or "duties" she has in store for you the day of the wedding.  I would also get to the reception ASAP and make sure FI has a seat at a table.  If not, I'd pull a chair up alongside the head bridal party table, which I would assume she is having.
    bring a bingo card!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tortoisebride - Making my Bingo card as we speak lol

@thisismynickname - Don't get me wrong I am offended, but I've gotten several wedding invites with "and guest" on them. It hurt my feelings that she didn't take the time to just ask or double check. If she really did forget his name, she could have played it off by asking how to spell FI's name and I wouldn't have been the wiser. Oh well...whatever. I'm sure I'm not the only one this happened to. 

MobKaz - I have a feeling it's going to be an interesting day to say the least. She has "required" that we all have exact matching shoes, exact matching accessories, and exact nails...same color, same style everything. But, is not offering to pay for anything.  Saweet Bingo Begins!

It's silly how wrapped up some people get. I posted earlier in the week about how nothing in my wedding party would match...Like nothing at all. I just don't really care about that stuff. To each her own. Nothing wrong with it, just not my thing. But, if I don't care about that for my wedding, then you can bet I really don't care about it for yours. I will smile and be polite, but I am not the one to drag around town for 2+ hours looking for  the perfect pair of shoes. All I could think about was how good Chinese would have been for dinner and what I would order if we ever got done. lol.....(Still no shoes so the hunt continues) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards