Ohio-Columbus
Options

Just some venue input...

Hi all,

Now that I am back into the full swing of wedding planning (after a possible DW, fiance moving to NYC for 6 months.. it's been crazy!) ..

Just had a couple of questions about the Ohio State Bar Association.

Anyone been/had a wedding there?  I'm going to check it out next Tuesday and can find little to no information on the internet. Just a couple of photographer's pictures from weddings.  It looks beautiful, but I just wanted to see if anyone on here had any more information they would be willing to pass along.

We are also checking out Dock580 and The Boat House (fiance's favorite, thus far). Dock580 has always had my heart, I'm just not sure it will fit with the budget or how it will compare to the others.  Any other venue location suggestions would be great also! I wanted to call Cultural Arts Center, but their website says "booked through 2015" so I'm assuming that all of summer 2015 dates are taken?

Thanks! :)

Re: Just some venue input...

• Options
    Check out Vue I liked it because it gave off the Dock580 feel to me and also you can bring in your own alcohol as well (big money saver) however small outdoor space but they were working on that when we looked at it and I don't know what became of that because we ended up not choosing them.

What are you looking for exactly? That could help us all give you suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My biggest concern is for the convenience of my guests.  I would say at least 75% of the guest list will be traveling from parts of Ohio, Florida, New York, etc. .. pretty much everywhere. So I want it to be in the downtown area/not far from it so that it is easily accessible.

I have been to the Vue .. and I do love it! They have done a great job with the space..  But it seems like it has a pretty steep rental fee compared to other places (like Dock580 ... but then again I could be wrong!)  We used to live in German Village for three years, so the exposed bricks are something I love - which is why I love Dock580 so much.  That's why I was asking about Ohio State Bar Association, because from the pictures I have seen, looks like a building that resembles something you would see in GV.

• Options
    Have you considered the new Hilton? It's not exposed brick but the smaller ballroom have lovely windows and it would be convent for guests if you want the downtown location.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    The Ohio State Bar Association is very nice, has a lovely patio, free parking, and convenient to downtown. It's a BYOB and BYOCaterer kind of place (so can save you money)but very pretty.  For sure - check it out!

Also, have you checked out the banquet space at The Greek Church downtown?  It's beautiful, and have a great courtyard - and SUPER convenient!  I believe the cost is lower than most for what you get.  Here is their website.   http://downtownreceptions.com/#!/main
  • Options
    I don't know if it would be in your price range or what you are looking for at all, but also check out station 67, that I believe has some exposed brick type of feel and don't quote me but I also think is byob.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just had my wedding at osba. If you would like to talk about it message me! I can send you pics and details
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards