New Jersey

Flip Flops for dancing

Hi, I have a question for recent brides who just got married and put out flip flops for guests. I want to know how many you actually used. I'm a manager of an old navy and I've seen recent brides returning dozens of pairs they purchased. I am having about 150 guests. So I'm figuring about 50 pairs in mostly size 7 & 8. Please let me know about your experience with them..thanks!!

Re: Flip Flops for dancing

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I had 130 guests and bought about 35 pairs in a range of sizes and every pair was used. 

• I got all of mine at the ON $1 flip flop sale last year.  I got about 55 pairs for 204 guests.  Mostly 7s, 8s, and 9s.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dee613Dee613 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    @mseminerio84 When will the $1 flip flop sale be? I'm waiting to hear so I can get flip flops for my wedding too! My friend just had them at her wedding and ran out! I am going to get enough pairs for probably 75% of the females invited. I figure the older women usually wear their shoes all night lol
  • mseminerio84mseminerio84 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2014
    The sale is next month in Paramus park
  • I'm having 175 guests and wanted all of the women to have them as an option so I bought 90 pairs... also from Old navy!
  • @mseminerio84 Thanks for the date! I'm waiting for the same sale :)
  • I bought them from Kohl's online.  They are simiar to Old Navy flip flops and I got them for a ltitle less than 2 bucks with coupons.

• As a adult, I wear heels that are comfortable or I bring a pair of flats to change into.  $1 Old Navy flip flops are not comfortable to me.  I'd skip it, save the money and upgrade something in the food/bar area instead.
  • Eh, I think you need to know your audience. $50 isn't going to get you much in terms of upgrades, and I know most of my guests don't want to bring multiple pairs of shoes or bags or anything like that. If your guests are more likely to bring their own change of shoes, then I agree you can save the money. 
  • JoanE2012 said:
    As a adult, I wear heels that are comfortable or I bring a pair of flats to change into.  $1 Old Navy flip flops are not comfortable to me.  I'd skip it, save the money and upgrade something in the food/bar area instead.
    I 100% agree and was going to reply saying something similar. It would never occur to me to change into flip flops at a wedding. Flip flops to me are the least dressy item anyone can own, and pairing them with dresses (even if not formal) doesn't look great....imo. I wear them with bathing suits and tank tops on the way to the beach only - not at a formal (or semi-formal event).

Even if it's only $50 - I'd save your money. You can do a lot of other things with $50.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• I got all of mine at the ON $1 flip flop sale last year.  I got about 55 pairs for 204 guests.  Mostly 7s, 8s, and 9s.
    Every single pair went at my wedding before dinner was even over.  My guests really loved it.  Guess it depends on your crowd.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards