Florida-South Florida
Options

FL themed wedding ideas?

Hey Knotties,
I need ideas for the magazine. I need to know what you’re are doing or what you did to make your wedding special. I would specifically like to know if you’re doing anything Flordia-y for your wedding. Cool FLfood, favors, music etc?

Thanks,
KA

Tweet? Me too! Have you checked out our My Real Wedding Gallery for ideas? Upload your photos here and be featured on The Knot!

Re: FL themed wedding ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm incorporating lots of "Floribbean" cuisine, which is a mix of traditionally Caribbean and Floridian foods.  We'll be having a key lime and coconut mojito as one of our specialty drinks, and will definitely be having conch fritters and ceviche at our cocktail hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well we are having a beach wedding so thats pretty "Florida-y" Nothing says florida like beaches and palm trees!

We also added "Mojitos" to our drink list.

We have not picked out cake flavours yet but Im also leaning towards coconut or keylime flavours!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having a beach wedding and our reception is on the water.

We will have coconut shrimp and conch fritters for hors d'oeuvres. We also plan on giving our caterer Florida Lobster to cook with our dinner.

Our favors will be coconut drinking cups.

Does a Gator theme also count as Florida-y? =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

One thing South Florida has are beautiful sunsets over the water, so we're going with a sunset color theme, and we're including tropical flowers for decor...And sine we both love the art of food-For the cocktail hour- we're serving up spanish style food with a twist-think duck quesadilla and mojitos!

Daisypath Wedding tickers Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had our wedding and incorporated limes into it. The centerpieces had real limes in it, we gave out mini key-lime martinis at the cocktail hour. We had vintage Florida postcards as part of our guest book.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards