Wedding Invitations & Paper

address and accomodtions

Hi!
Is it alight to put on our invites:
for addresses and accommodations please visit our website www._____com?
or should we put the actual addresses of the church and reception?

Re: address and accomodtions

• No. Your invitation should have the address of the church.

If the reception is at a different location than the church, you need a separate enclosure card for that.

If you want people to visit your website for information on accommodations, enclose another card that has that on it, too.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • No. Your invitation should have the address of the church. If the reception is at a different location than the church, you need a separate enclosure card for that. If you want people to visit your website for information on accommodations, enclose another card that has that on it, too.
    This!
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    You need to put the street address of your venues on the invitation. "Go to the website for details" comes off as lazy regardless of your intentions.
  • You should put all major information in your invite.  That includes addresses of your ceremony and reception and even possible accommodation locations.  Not everyone will look at your website so you need to make sure that all pertinent information is available in your invite.

• Definitely put all critical info on your printed invite. We figured that our website would be a useful tool for our destination wedding... nobody looks at it at all. We've reminded people repeatedly that all the info is there, but they still ask us or want something written out. Most of our family is very technologically advanced, so we thought website would get used often, especially with everyone traveling. but we were wrong. We did also have had one person that hates computers and refused to go online for anything. Unless you give it to them in writing, you can't assume that anyone has the info, even if you directed them on where to find it.

• nicoann said:

Definitely put all critical info on your printed invite. We figured that our website would be a useful tool for our destination wedding... nobody looks at it at all. We've reminded people repeatedly that all the info is there, but they still ask us or want something written out. Most of our family is very technologically advanced, so we thought website would get used often, especially with everyone traveling. but we were wrong. We did also have had one person that hates computers and refused to go online for anything. Unless you give it to them in writing, you can't assume that anyone has the info, even if you directed them on where to find it.

No. You should print all critical information, but the invitation is not a catch-all memo for every single thing you need to tell your guests. That's why there are enclosure cards.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards