New York-Upstate
Options

Rehearsal dinner in/around Albany

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to have a rehearsal dinner in or around Albany? We're looking for someplace reasonably priced that can accommodate roughly 25-30 people. Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal dinner in/around Albany

• Options
    aral2003aral2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_rehearsal-dinner-inaround-albany?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:124Discussion:c351016c-1bf0-493a-91c5-da39a3598b43Post:bba6efc8-973f-44f0-bd61-0df11a7b097f">Rehearsal dinner in/around Albany</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have any suggestions on where to have a rehearsal dinner in or around Albany? We're looking for someplace reasonably priced that can accommodate roughly 25-30 people. Thanks!
    Posted by ciaramccann[/QUOTE]

We are having our rehearsal dinner at the Gideon Putnam in Saratoga.  We have around the same number of guests coming.  Not sure what the price is per person, but the food is amazing and the venue is beautiful! 

I have heard that Barcelona on Western Avenue is a nice place to have a rehearsal dinner.  No idea about the price. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was going to say  Barcelona also, we are using them! Family friends own it , its very nice good food and they even have rooms upstairs you could use.

Caffe Italia is another great place! Its smaller but could hold 20-30 parties! (Another family friend owns lol)- This one is on Central Ave in Albany-

Good luck!

October 2011 Siggy Challenge: Fave thing about Spring/Baseball Team red sox nation Pictures, Images and Photos Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mm133123mm133123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Barcelona has great food too!  And a pretty roof-top terrace.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    74 state street, albany. Its actually called 74 state. 
  • Options
    ciaramccannciaramccann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas! I will have to check them out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    677 prime in albany has a great room upstairs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Jacks on State St
  • Options
    sportyone19sportyone19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having ours at Hana Japanese Steakhouse on Western Ave, private room can hold up to 40 people. Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the Van Dyke in Schenectady? Great food! Nice private rooms! Also, they've just renevated most the building, so everything is very beautiful. As a photographer, I shot a small intimate wedding here last summer and the owner was very nice to work with. You'll leave feeling like you're great friends. Another place would be Athos restaurant near Crossgates; they have dining rooms to accomodate parties from 20-80.
    Best of luck in your search!
    www.AngieStarrPhotography.com
  • Options
    rkatz8rkatz8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having ours right at the church in the room they use for church dinners and social events. no cost, no transportation issues once they find the church for the rehearsal. we are ordering food from the Old Daley Inn Catering Co. for around $10 pp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards