Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Quantities for late night snack?

I realize the answers will vary by crowd but... for those of you who served late night snacks, what quantities did you order? I know not everyone will be around by the time they're served, plus not everyone will actually be hungry again, and don't want to way over-order. Did most people stick it out the whole night, or was there a mass exodus after the cake was served?

Deets: Dinner will be served at 6, cake and cookies at 7, dancing goes 7-11. Snack will be served at 9:30 or 10. (Turkey burger sliders with aged white cheddar and red pepper aioli on housemade brioche bun; German pretzel bites with beer cheese dipping sauce.)

Re: Quantities for late night snack?

• I think we had about 80 of each late night snack, mini cheese steaks and quesodillas. We had about 125 attend, and they were served around 8, an hour and a half after we cut the cake and an hour after milkshakes arrived.

People started leaving after the milkshakes. We probably had less than half our guests left by 8:30 9ish

Anniversary
  • lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Shit. I don't know. But I want to come. And I want a turkey burger AND pretzel bites.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    I would order enough for one serving of each per person. 

Some people may eat more than one share, which will probably balance those who leave before it's served/those who don't want any. It would be pretty sucky to run out --- better safe than sorry. 
  • edited May 2014
    Yeah sorrynotsorry, I'm definitely not ordering that many. We're having 250 people, at least 100 of whom are over age 50 - there's not a snowball's chance in hell we'll need 500 snacks at 10 pm. I don't like wasting food. 

• ElcaBElcaB member
    Yeah sorrynotsorry, I'm definitely not ordering that many. We're having 250 people, at least 100 of whom are over age 50 - there's not a snowball's chance in hell we'll need 500 snacks at 10 pm. I don't like wasting food. 
    You know your crowd best, so do what you're comfortable with. No need to be sorrynotsorry about it. 

I hate wasting food. If you do end up having extra, what is your vendor's policy? If you can't take it home, are you able to donate it to a local shelter or does it have to be disposed of?
  • ElcaB said:
    You know your crowd best, so do what you're comfortable with. No need to be sorrynotsorry about it. 

I hate wasting food. If you do end up having extra, what is your vendor's policy? If you can't take it home, are you able to donate it to a local shelter or does it have to be disposed of?
    I'm pretty sure Michigan has pretty strict laws about donating food, IIRC. I don't think anything that's already been prepared and sat out can be donated. Instead, this would be me, followed by heavy self-loathing.

• I have also been pondering this. We are serving late night french fries and poutine, as well as our cake will be served at the same time as the fries. We will be having 30 servings of french fries, 30 servings of poutine, and our cake is large enough to serve 70. We have 72 guests in total, but there are two families with small children who will probably be gone as well as a good chunk of out of towners/elderly guests, so I'm optimistic that we will have enough food for everyone who is still there at 10:00 pm.
  • ElcaB said:

I'm pretty sure Michigan has pretty strict laws about donating food, IIRC. I don't think anything that's already been prepared and sat out can be donated. Instead, this would be me, followed by heavy self-loathing.
    v>image

I will come eat your pretzel bites.

Anniversary
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    chibiyui Road trip? I'll bring Knottie Bingo for the ride. 
  • Bring milkshakes and it's a deal!

• @chibiyui I think I was on vacation when you got married- did you post any pics?! I need pics! lol

And swing on through Massachsuetts on the road trip- need me some pretzels with cheese sauce!

I think all the weddings I've been to about half cleared out shortly after dinner/ cake cutting.

• @Jenna8984 I have not posted pics yet. I just got proofs back, but they're on a site I can't easily pull images down from. :( So it might be a bit yet. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards