Wedding Invitations & Paper

Please proof my invites!

Good morning ladies. I would appreciate it if you could give a glance over my invitations, my worst fear is a grammar or etiquette issue! Perhaps why I'm waiting so long to put them to print!
A few questions I have #1 - Is quarter past four ok by itself, or do I really need "in the evening"? #2 - Do I need to decrease the font size to get "Church" on the same line, or is it ok as is? #3 - is it ok to have "reception to follow" on the invite or do I need a separate card? and finally #4 - Do i need to be more specific about meal options, I have heard varying opinions on this!

Thanks!

October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes

Re: Please proof my invites!

• My suggestions:

1. Two thousand fourteen (no and)

2. Honestly, yes, it does look odd to me that 'church' is on its own separate line, so I would decrease the font. Or abbreviate Saint to St., which is technically 'wrong' for etiquette on invites but that is a victimless crime.

3. You don't need 'in the evening,' unless you think you have a guest who will show up before dawn. :)

4. It looks odd (to me) that you used the formal, British spelling of honour for the invites but not for favour on the RSVP card.

5. Given that it seems like 'Aria' is not the church's social hall, you need a separate card for that. It should read:

Reception to follow
    at
    Aria
    [Address]
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Agree with PP.  I would abbreviate Saint in order to get the full name on one line.  

The date at the very bottom 10/10/14, looks out of place too.....I'd remove it.

Also, do you have a vegetarian option that you would want to put on your reply card?
  • I agree with HGF.  If you do decide to reduce the font on the church name, you should reduce the entire invitation so that the font is the same size.
    It appears to me that "request" is capitalized.  This word should be lower case.
    The traditional time is "a quarter after four o'clock".
    I would replace the word "wedding" with "marriage".  This isn't strictly necessary, but it is more traditional.
    Is this a Catholic church?  Isn't that part of the name?  Is this a full mass?  The wording can vary if it is.
    I agree with JoanE2012 about the number date at the bottom.  It really doesn't add anything to your invitation, and it looks odd.
    What is "Aria"?  I would be very confused if there wasn't a reception card giving more information.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Thanks ladies for all of your help!

I did change it to St. Thomas - it put everything on one line!
    Made a separate reception card with address. Putting it on the invite was mom's suggestion, so I'm glad I had some back up on it!
    Marriage it is! I'm glad you picked up on it,because I hadn't! It is a Catholic Church, but we are doing the sacrament outside of mass. FI is baptized only, I am Confirmed and a Catholic teacher. He feels more comfortable without Eucharist and I am fine with that.
    October 2014 Brides - July Siggy Challenge: Cakes
  • If this is your real names and wedding location, now everyone on the internet knows about it. I would delete those invitations or change the location to be more generic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards