Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Can someone please tell my mother...

that no one is actually going to remember the table runners?

For. The. Reals.

Of all the things to fixate on, it is the friggin table runners.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Can someone please tell my mother...

• Options
    My stepmom is talking about table runners, too. What is it with table runners? Like it's not a valid wedding without them? The reception will suck without them? Even my dad was like, well, maybe on the cake table or something, but, I don't know....it was funny!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    As of 3pm (mountain time), my mother has explored 5 fabric stores in 2 states. 

We found some at the first fabric store. I think they're just peachy. 

I get wanting the color...something exciting...

::headdesk::
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hahaha!

@MW520‌ 's mom:

NOBODY WILL CARE ABOUT THE TABLE RUNNERS!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I am embarrassed to admit that for a couple of minutes I wondered if this was written by my daughter.

What's wrong with you girls???????  What does everyone have against table runners??????

Just kidding. ;)

This must be some weird mom thing, because I was really pulling for table runners, too. I'll stop. I promise. 
  • Options
    ... we had... TABLE RUNNERS.

Burlap ones. We got the burlap from Walmart (ugh) but it was great. They were my mom's idea... so I made her do all the cutting. = )
  • Options
    emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We used craft paper, like this: http://apracticalwedding.com/2012/04/how-to-make-a-kraft-paper-table-runner-tie-a-tablecloth-knot/

My experience wedding planning is that moms get stressed too and sometimes fixate on weird things. 
  • Options
    We may have had table runners provided by the venue. I honestly do not remember.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    H actually sewed our table runners.  We just needed more oomph to our plain white tablecloths with white dishes and white napkins.  They were pretty.

But no... absolutely NOT necessary, and I'm sure not a single one of my guests could tell you what they looked like.

SaveSave
  • Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    Yep.

We found fabric. A lovely cotton with the bright colors we're using in the wedding. Super fun. Whimsical. And enough could be purchased with a 40% off coupon. Win. 

Mom's issue: it wasn't "shiny" enough. The light needed to "bounce" off the fabric.

...really?!?!?!

** One Week Later: Mom goes to visit my sister**

They go shopping at fabric stores there and all of the pictures she sends resemble fabric for a couch in my grandmother's home. Not exactly what I'm looking for.

Mom seems to think that the first fabric wasn't white, but cream. Too bad she's hallucinating. The fabric is white. It'll look great with the white table cloths. Can we move on?

Nope. She still wants to go looking at more fabric stores. "Just in case!"

...yep.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    KLM7386KLM7386 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    At least she didn't freak out about any little (and I do mean little) wrinkle on the table cloths... I know a mom who was like that for her daughter's wedding, I think the night before everyone in the wedding party had to iron each table cloth until it was perfect...

This is a reason why I will not have a DIY wedding.
  • Options
    We needed something to spice up the tables. I had made garland from 2 inch paper circles. I scattered the extras all over the tables. It added the pop of color I wanted and was still very casual.
  • Options
    Ask her what the table runners from the last 5 weddings she attended looked like.
  • Options
    We had a sheer green overlay. The only reason I remember them is because I picked them out. My friend had light pink overlays. At her wedding you couldn't even see them because of the low lighting. The only reason why I knew they were light pink or that she had them at all was because she spent 30 minutes venting about them and how it was difficult to find the 'right' pink. But as for all the other weddings I have been to I have ZERO idea what color the linens were and if they had runners or not. ZERO idea.

• Options
    MW5280MW5280 member
    My mother and I have a date for tomorrow evening to look, again, for table runner fabric. 

...Or we could just use the fabric in the attachment below.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was BM for one of my friends' and at the RD the MOB made peppermint brownies in tins that would go on the table runners as dessert. We went store to store looking for runners that were a red that matched the peppermint in the brownies O.o

imageimage

• Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Maybe it's a good thing that she's keeping busy with the table runner search...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards