Wedding Party
Options

Bridal Shower Gift from Bridesmaid?

For the bridal shower, I was thinking of giving her gifts for "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." any ideas on what to give her? Thanks!

Re: Bridal Shower Gift from Bridesmaid?

• Options
    For the bridal shower, I was thinking of giving her gifts for "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue." any ideas on what to give her? Thanks!
    Do you know she wants to do this tradition? And do you know if she is planning on getting these things from others (e.g. grandmas earrings)? Do you know if she's got some idea saved away (e.g. blue = blue nail polish)?

Personally, I think buying accessories for a bride on her wedding day is a tricky gift and can come off as pushy. 
  • Options
    First, I would make sure this is something she's planning on doing -- not all brides do it. 

If she IS planning to do it, I'd try to find out if she had any of the components already. My 'something old' was a pin that had been my grandmother's, so even though I did that tradition, I didn't need the 'something old.' DH gave me a pair of pearl earrings on our wedding day for my 'something new,' so I wouldn't have needed that, either. 

If she wants to do it and doesn't have any of the pieces and doesn't have specific plans, then you could get her a blue pin to pin to her bouquet (new and blue), or an antique blue pin (old, new, blue), or jewellery, or hair pins or something.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    I wouldn't do that. Brides who do that tradition generally do it because they have special things in mind and you will make her feel obligated to wear what you got her instead. I like @hikebikebemerry's idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards