Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

COUNTRY WEDDING ATTIRE HELP!

OKAY. MY FIANCEE AND I ARE PLANNING A COUNTRY WEDDING FOR THE BEGINING OF OCTOBER!
OUR COLORS ARE BLUE WHITE AND SILVER!
WE CANNOT AFFORD TUXEDO'S FOR ALL THE MEN!!
WHAT IS ANOTHER OPTION FOR US!!
PLEASE HELP

Re: COUNTRY WEDDING ATTIRE HELP!

• Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    First, it is very rude to post in all caps.  It is the same as shouting.  Please don't do this again.

Tuxedos are only proper for formal evening weddings - country or otherwise.

Suits, usually charcoal grey or light grey are worn with white shirts and long ties.  This is appropriate attire for any wedding, and two piece suits (jacket with matching trousers) cost less than tuxedo rentals.  The guys get to keep the suits for later wearings.  (Job interviews!)  Check out sales at places like Kohl's or J.C.Penney's  The suits do not need to match exactly..

The most casual wedding attire for men is a navy or black sports jacket (blazer) worn with grey or khaki trousers. Light blue dress shirts can be worn with this, or traditional white.

Things that are not etiquette approved, but are sometimes seen at weddings: jeans (ugh!), vests worn instead of jackets (double ugh!),  cowboy boots, athletic shoes.  These all look silly if YOU are wearing a formal bridal gown.  The men should be dressed as formally as the bride.

All of the men should be dressed at the same level of formality.  If the groom wears a tuxedo, so do the other men.  If the groom wears a suit, the groomsmen wear one, too.  Often the groom wears a different color tie, or a special boutonniere that is different from the other men.

I hope this helps you.  You are not expected to pay for the tuxedo rentals for anyone except the groom.  The groomsmen pay for their own wedding attire, just as the bridesmaids pay for their own dresses.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    loud noises Brick Tamland Yelling Loud Noises! (Anchorman)

I'm sorry I had to post it :)

OP - Your GMs don't need to wear tuxes, a suit would be fine. Also, as CMGragain pointed out, you aren't expected to pay for everyone's attire, only yours and your FI's.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    Three piece suits:
    Two piece suits:
    Mismatched suits (tell them to wear whatever suit they already own, you could do matching ties if you wanted):
    Dress pants, button down shirt, possibly tie, and possible a jacket:

image.image
  • Options
    Some of the upcoming holidays that may bring some sales:
    4th of July
    Labor Day
    Father's Day (yup even here there are some sales on suits)

You can also try to shop the clearance racks/season behind.  Watch your local paper for discount coupons and even sign up for discount coupons for retailers such as Kohls, Macy's or Dillards.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Having everyone in khaki's with a button down shirt & a vest would look sharp. If you can't find a vest that is affordable in the stores, check into renting them. Tux shops will rent you just portions of the tux. For my wedding my dad just rented the shirt (due to color), vest & tie. It was only $35.00 for all 3 items.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards