Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bra help for a VERY low backless gown!

Does anyone know of the BEST solution for a backless gown? My gown goes all the way to the small of my back and is slightly cut out on the sides so a corset is out of the question. Also, I do not want to have cups sewn in because that will just add bulk no shape (as I am an A cup so I wanna give the girls some help!), thinking about the "Nu-Bra" but have been reading reviews that it will come loose after sweating...lord knows thats the last thing I want to deal with on my big day! I have also seen some that have an adhesive that goes almost to the arm pit but that is out of the question as well, because of the cut outs my dress has, could possibly do something with a clear halter if anyone knows of anything? 

Let me know if anyone has stumbled across a hidden gem I haven't found! Thankssssss!! 

Re: Bra help for a VERY low backless gown!

• Options
    Can you post a picture of your dress (front and back) so that it will be easier to visualize what you are talking about?

• Options
    Yes! Here ya go! 
  • Options
    Ohh I love that dress! Those silicone adhesive things are all I can think of.
    This one below looks good for the front but I think it will ptobably look like tape on the back.

http://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/strapless-and-multi-way-mobile/u-plunge-backless-push-up-bra-style-secrets?ProductID=4180&CatalogueType=OLS
  • Options
    IMO you really don't need a bra (and I think that any bra is going to show).  That dress is made for smaller chested girls.  I am guessing you haven't done any alterations yet?  The reason why I say this is because the chest area of the dress looks like it should be lifted just a bit as well as made tighter across your chest.  I think that if you alter the chest area to fit your boobs then it will give your chest the shape and lift that you probably want.

Also, I think your dress is gorgeous.  So light and airy and romantic! 

• Options
    Oh thank you, I wish I could wear my dress around everyday! But I did see those, the front would be perfect, I'm just worried on the sides they may come out too far, but I might go try it on and see exactly how far out....thanks for the help! 
  • Options
    No alterations yet, but when I took that pic I had tied it myself so it was not sitting up properly, when it is tied correctly (with help) it is tight. I would just like a little more shape, just kinda feel like a little boy up top in it! And thank you :) 
  • Options

I think you might be underestimating the shape that sewn in cups can give you.   Have your seamstress tack some in and see how you feel about them. 

• Options

I think you might be underestimating the shape that sewn in cups can give you.   Have your seamstress tack some in and see how you feel about them. 

I agree with this.  I don't really think a stick on bra or those stick on cups are really going to do anything for you.  What you need are sewn in cups (that will give you a shape, not added size) and good alterations in the chest area to give you some shape.  Also, I know you don't want to look like a little boy up top but you won't because you are in a gorgeous wedding gown and will have fabulous hair and makeup so I doubt anyone will think you look like a boy.  

You just need to embrace what you have and realize that a lot of larger chested gals would possibly want to kill to wear a dress like yours but can't because of their large honkers.

• Options
    Ditto QF and Maggie about sewn in cups. Also, I find that they help the dress "sit" better on one's chest and prevents wardrobe malfunctions. They needn't be big bulky, padded ones, but rather seamlessly fitted into the structure of the dress to give it a good base layer. Sometimes the stick on bras are almost "fighting" with the fabric of the dress and you will spend all day adjusting and pulling. The built in cups almost lock your ladies in place and keep the dress exactly where you want it.
  • Options

This. I had cups sewn in and they really helped lift. Much more than the adhesive bras I looked at.
  • Options
    Great advice ladies!  I think I may have under estimated cups being sewn in, sounds like they are better than I am envisioning! Y'all are a big help, thanks so much!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards