Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Mary Kay Pampering Session?

So, this lady calls me from Mary Kay and says that she works with David's Bridal and through the info card I filled out when trying on wedding dresses, I was selected for a free Mary Kay Bridal Party Pampering session. Has anyone heard of this? Is this legit or is this gonna be something where someone is trying to sell me products non-stop?

Re: Mary Kay Pampering Session?

• This is legit. Mary Kay Cpnsultants can team up with David's Bridal. You really do win the pampering session and its fun to try the products for free! The products are really fantastic. I would recommend to go if you get contacted!
  • I just got an e-mail about it. Looks like I got 2 free bridal pampering sessions from David's Bridal/Mary Kay Cosmetics. So, was actually searching for info. I will probably try it :) 
  • I went to one of these - they are not pushy about trying to sell you the stuff, but you will have to listen to a presentation about becoming a consultant yourself.

At mine there were lots of people so it wasn't like being at a party where you sit back and they do pampering stuff on you - we had all the different things and did them ourselves while she talked everyone through it.

But our consultant was really nice and very helpful in talking about colors and application technique (which you get to practice) and other things like that.
  • I would do it.  I love Mary Kay.  They make the best loose powder ever.  Nothing compares to it.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_mary-kay-pampering-session?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:8947494Post:abac28bb-68f8-469e-b239-cac5997d0846">Re: Mary Kay Pampering Session?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I JUST RECIEVED A PHONE CALL ON MONDAY AND AT FIRST I THOUGHT I WAS A JOKE UNTIL I RECIEVD THE E-MAIL :)
    SO I ALREADY MADE MY APPT. FOR SATURDAY AT 2 PM
    IM BRINGING MY CLOSE FRIENDS :)
    IF ANYBODY HAS ALREADY WENT PLS RELY I WLD LOVE T KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE BEFORE I GO :)
  • I got the call on this today for me and six people! I called her back with my people. I am so excited. My family said dont you want to take your friends. I said what friends? I am taking my mom sister 2 aunts grandma and my one and only friend lol They are so excited!
  • Just got this same call and am so thankful for this forum! :)  
  • WOW i just call the call too!
  • I would do it.

• If anyone needs more info on what you *could* expect, don't hesitate to ask me, a Mary Kay consultant.  I love my Mary Kay!!! <3  My personal recommendation as someone who went to a party first before signing an agreement, GO!  The consultant will show you great application techniques and you can book a personal appointment where she can customize a look for you to bring out your best features/accent what you want accented.  They're also super fun.  Some have games and prizes, too!
  • I got the call and didn't do it. The location was a little far away from where I live. 

In my yoga studio, there are complimentary coupons for a Mary K pampering session. If its something you're into I'd say go for it!
  • @knotporscha vendor alert - she's spammed multiple posts on this board.

@KrisRich310 please stop posting. You are a vendor and that is against TOS.

• Honestly, Mary Kay has some nice makeup products, however I am not a fan of their sessions. It depends how you are though....

They will let you try on a bunch of makeup(which is fun), but then you have to listen to their speech on being a sales consultant...Then they make you fill out forms of a scale of 1-10, how likely you are to become a consultant. It also depends on how pushy your sales girl is.

I don't like being sold to, so no, I would not recommend it. If you don't mind trying free stuff then saying NO...then go for it! They do have good products though.
  • I went to one of these with my maid of honor and bridesmaids. I had a lot of fun (my bridal party was literally the most fun group there). The one I went to was not pushy and I in the end did not buy anything. I ended up not buying anything. It was just a fun thing to do with my girls and loved it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards