Destination Weddings Discussions

Riviera Maya Destination Wedding Packages

Has anyone been to a destination wedding in Riviera Maya? Specifically, I am looking at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun Resort. Or, is anyone planning a destination wedding there? I am also wondering about the wedding packages - how good are the photographers, hair and make-up artists, floral designers, and wedding planner? I feel like planning this is just as stressful as planning a local wedding. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks and happy wedding planning to everyone!

Re: Riviera Maya Destination Wedding Packages

• Hi! We are planning our wedding now and have chosen the Secrets Maroma Beach in Playa Del Carmen/Riveria Maya area. I researched A LOT before we chose our destination. Orginally we wanted cabo san lucas but the flights average around $300 more to Cabo than Cancun.

Our wedding package comes with flowers, photographer etc so we will most likely be using the vendors that the hotel comes with unless I read a lot of bad reviews of course. I may use an outside photographer but will most likely use the resort for everything else. Once you pick a place the wedding planner helps you with all of that! A friend of mine is a make up artist/hair stylist so that is covered for me. I think I would be nervous to trust  a random person to do my hair and make up so maybe look into that.

Happy planning!!

• I'm no help on the Now Sapphire, but I am getting married at the Now Jade.  I'm pretty sure their wedding packages are just about the same, so if you have any specific questions, let me know.  I've asked a lot of questions to our coordinator :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married at Azul Sensatori but I considered bot Now Jade and Now Sapphire. We decided not to use them since it was too hard to get someone to respond to our emails and phone calls. I figured it would only get worse after they had our money.
  • Question for all - when are you getting married? Is it in 2015? I am told that the rates for next year don't come out until this June, just curious how everyone is booking and what rates you are using???
  • We are getting married at the NOW Sapphire in October. They were initially hard to get a hold of, but once they assign you a wedding coordinator, it gets a lot better. They do take about a day to respond but considering that this place has multiple weddings a day (i assume), I understand. We picked the Now eternity package if i remember correctly, and it does come with 24 pictures, hair and make up. I haven't read anything terrible about the hair and make up, but I'm gonna be prepared to whip out my own make up kit if they make me look like a clown :) The wedding planer we got assigned to is really friendly. And that's really all I can say about that at the moment since we are a little less than 6 months away and not much in terms of the resort is happening until later... Just make sure that you do book early. They have a preferred section/rooms and barely got the last one for the dates we are staying. 
  • We are getting married Sept 4th of 2015 and our travel agent had no problem getting rates for us. The only rates we don't know about is flights obviously. Flight info doesnt come out until about 8 months before the wedding but we know it's approx $400-500 to Cancun from Chicago so that is the rate we are letting guests know. We are getting married at the Secrets Maroma Beach so I know they have their rates out for sure. Good luck!
  • Hi Mizou I'm a French hair and airbrush makeup artist here on the Mayan Riviera

please feel free to contact me if you need wedding beauty services her

please visit my website www.vo-evolution.com

hope ear about you , you will be in good hands!!!!! :-))

• I did not have my wedding at these resorts but I did have my honeymoon at Secrets Maroma.  It was amazing!!!  So amazing in fact that we bought into the vacation club.  That means we get around 30% of regular rates, room upgrade and preferred privileges.  We also get to share these perks on an unlimited basis.  The only catch is that if I share my login info with you and you call to reserve rooms with our discount they will make you spend an hour listening to the their pitch sometime during your stay.  Its actally not a bad deal.  Our discount can save you 100s of dollars. This discount applies to all the Dreams, Now, Secrets, Breathless and Zoetry resorts in Mexico, Dominican and Costa Rica.  What's in it for me?  Why would I share this perk we paid so much for?  Simple,  for every couple that books using our discount we get 1 future night free stay.  If you are interested in this discount send me an email kathleent @ gmail. com

I orginally wanted to have a destination wedding at one of these resorts, but some of my guests balked at the price of rooms.  If you are planning a wedding at these resorts, hooking guests up with the 30% discount may be great for guests concerned about room rates. 

Good luck in your search for locations.  You can't go wrong with Secrets Maroma.  We can't wait to get back there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards