Wedding Woes

UPDATED: spare vibes for Wiggles?

*Barbie**Barbie* member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2014 in Wedding Woes
please send Wiggles some spare vibes. He was acting very lethargic this morning, refusing food and water, and shaking,

we think that he ate part of a dead squirrel on Sunday night or Monday. 

he didn't want to come in on Sunday night, and DK caught him with a squirrel carcass in our yard, yesterday afternoon. 

DK said that the squirrel was missing it's head, but otherwise intact. It had already started to rot as evidenced by maggots in it's neck. 

Emergency vet released him to our regular vet to continue diagnostic testing. He has had a normal BM today, and hasn't thrown up, his other vitals are good, but he was running a pretty high fever. He's currently on an IV to stay hydrated. No clue if he has some sort of blockage or got bacteria/parasites from the squirrel. I'm also wondering if the squirrel could have been poisoned, and hoping this isn't the case. His rabies shot is up-to-date, so also hoping that does not come into play. 

I know there are a lot of dog lovers on this board, so any vibes for Wiggles would be greatly appreciated. 

Re: UPDATED: spare vibes for Wiggles?

• ~vibes~ for Wiggles and his system!  I know that Zelda and Bennett were both mysteriously ill when they ate a rabbit, but they got over it.  
  • I'll send all the vibes I have for your fur baby!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Poor pup.  Vibes he's ok.
  • Poor Wiggles.  How is he doing this afternoon?
  • ::healthy dog vibes::
  • ::feel better Wiggles vibes::

And the squirrel shit sounds so gross.  Ugh. 
  • Thanks, guys!

Update from our vet: vitals are still ok, blood work doesn't show any toxins. white cell count is up which is typical for a bacterial infection. x-rays don't show any blockages. has been given fluids and antibiotic shot, which seem to have improved disposition. Provided he continues to improve, they'll let us bring him home tonight. he'll need to take a cycle of antibiotics and another of probiotics, and spend at least 3-4 days on a bland diet. they think he'll make a full recovery in a few days to a week.

I had already planned to work from home tomorrow due to a dentist appointment, so i'm glad i'll be able to keep an eye on him.  
  • Damn dogs, eating that gross stuff!  I'm glad it seems to be working out alright.
  • Glad to hear he's doing better.
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2014
    i know. i don't get it. you would think that we don't feed him. Weird things eaten by the dogs: Wiggles: cat poop, embellishments from a sweater (he was pooping sequins and beads for a week), half of a package of bubble gum, random fuzzies, leaves, dead squirrel Rogue: an entire box of chocolate jello instant pudding mix (including the box and bag inside - the only evidence was a powdery brown smear on the floor), 1/2 of a new jar of crushed red pepper, drywall, wood paneling, the ice maker frame on the fridge, a rope toy (she puked it up, whole, about a week later)
  • I know!  Thankfully Zelda has grown mostly out of her chewing stage, but not before she chewed up my glasses, a lamp plug, a remote, rocks, a hole in the wall, the telephone box from the wall, and a lighter.  She must have a stomach of iron and bowels made of super muscle or something.  I still don't know how we made it.

I feel your pain.
  • we're fortunate this is the first (serious) vet trip we've ever had to make in regards to eating stuff. We took Rogue to get checked when she ate the rope toy, but she was still eating/drinking/not puking/having normal BM, so we figured it would work itself out, or we'd have to take her back if she started having issues. 
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    They can sometimes do a scope instead of having to cut them out when they eat stuff...although for us, since the nearest scope was at MSU, it would have cost us $1k MORE to go there instead. Dogs are weird. but yay wiggles progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards