New York-New York City

The Metropolitan Building LIC

Hello ladies!

I am considering to book my wedding at the Metropolitan Building in LIC. However, I have my reservations regarding the management. Carlos seems to be really helpful and professional. But the others that I have communicated with have been a bit inconsistent which is starting to give me cold feet. 

Has anyone out there had a wedding at this venue, or known anyone that has? I plan making a decision very soon. Any feedback is heavily appreciated!

Thank you! 
xo

Re: The Metropolitan Building LIC

• snowbunny1184 Have you found a caterer or will you be using their in-house caterer? I loved this venue but between their fee and catering costs it was out of my budget unfortunately. Sorry, I don't have anything to add re:personal experience. Have you checked reviews? I didn't like how they didn't work through email, all had to be through phone or in-person.
  • Hi LittlePeachBlossom!

Thanks so much for responding with some feedback! I'm glad you asked re: caterer. I have yet to find a caterer and was REALLY interested in Real Food Catering but have tried to contact them 3 times over a span of two weeks and have not received a single response which is truly a shame because they seem great at what they do! 

I checked reviews for MB and they seem good but there also aren't as many though. I, too, don't like that they only operate via phone, but can deal with it if I noticed any consistency with there communication. I feel like they think the customer should chase them while they kick their feet back and relax! I say that just because of the communication I've had with them and the lack of full answers to questions I ask. It just all seems like added stress worrying about whether it'll all work out with them!
  • I would go with an established caterer like A Sterling Affair or Abigail Kirsch (they have exclusive venues but also do off-site catering).  Not sure what your catering budget is?  It's def not worth the stress to work with a caterer who doesn't respond in a timely manner or keep a record of communications (you want everything in writing!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards