Not Engaged Yet
Options

@swazzle

I just came across your HM pics!  Because I was searching for South Africa.  I probably knew that you went there, but sometimes I forget who said what.  Anyway, your pics are SO AWESOME and now I just want to scream because I am so excited.  I don't know how I can wait until December and also what I will do when it's over.  Do you remember which Cheetah/elephant places you went to?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: @swazzle

• Options
    Also, did you do the malaria shot?  I'm kind of torn because I know the risk is very low and I don't want to have side effects/be sick for our wedding.  But on the other hand, malaria.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    @carliealissa - YAY!!! This makes me so happy :) 

The cheetah place is HERE and pricing and "encounter" info is HERE. We took a cab from Cape Town to get there and that was a little pricey (the cab) but there is a winery right next to the cheetah outreach so we stopped there also and that made the cost worth it. The cheetah cubs were older when we were there and they looked basically full grown so we opted to spend a little less and do the adult encounter. We met Joseph and I wanted to take him home with me!

The elephant excursion we did was through our hotel and was part of the reserve we were staying at.

We took anti-malaria tablets but we didn't have to start them until we were already in South Africa (we went to Cape Town first and then on the safari). You don't need them for Cape Town but it is recommended if you're going to Kruger. So we started while we were already in the country and neither of us had any side effects at all. We also got Tetanus, Hepatitis A, and Typhoid vaccines before we went. The doctor at the travel medicine place we used suggested Polio as well but we opted out of that. 

If you want to PM me your email address I can send you a VERY long email with a ton of details (I've had to send it to two family friends so it's pretty in depth) about my whole trip. I'm warning you again, it's very long :)

ETF: Spelling is hard.

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Man @swazzle you go on the BEST vacations!!  I've never thought too much about South Africa and now I looked at Cape Town and  YES PLEASE!

I'll have to mention this new idea to my fi! 

• Options

AWESOME thanks so much!! We have a rental car so we can drive around while we're in Cape Town, although I don't know how far FI will be willing to drive :)  I am dying to go to this Ostrich farm that's a few hours from our place in Cape Town and he is like um, we'll see.  Maybe he just doesn't care about Ostriches :):)

We are doing the shark cage diving in Gansbaai too!

PMing you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards