Wedding Reception Forum

Bridal Party Seating/Head Table

So we have three months to go and I still haven't made a decision about how to set up the bridal party/head table (do people still do this?). We have a large "stage" that we need to use for seating, which makes me feel a little awkward to be far and above everyone else. Some people in our bridal party want to sit with their families (I've been in a few weddings and FI was always bored and alone so we sympathize) and others really don't care. I would've been happy with just a sweetheart table for us and let our bp sit with their guests, but I don't want to sit in the middle of this big stage with just FI. Would it be weird if we had a sweetheart table and then brought our bp & their guests up to sit with them at round tables? Or is that rude to other guests? Or maybe bring up our families? I am so confused.. opinions, suggestions, & pictures are definitely welcome!!!!! Here's a pinterest link to venue if that helps to get the ideas flowing.. http://www.pinterest.com/ruthkranig/the-barn-at-hidden-acres-wedding-venue/

Re: Bridal Party Seating/Head Table

• Whatever you decide, make sure your wedding party is seated with their SOs if they have them. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • If you have to use the stage for seating I would start with you, FI and your bridal party (including SO's).  If you need more tables possibly add in two more tables for your parents (each set of parents gets their own table with guests).

Is there a way to get all of the tables on the main floor and use the stage for dancing?
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • I haven't seen a "head table" with all the WP facing the guests since the late 80's.  

Do you have to have seating on the stage?  I would just do a sweetheart table mixed in with the rest of the tables.  
  • My venue keeps pushing for us to use the stage for the wedding party. Most of them have small kids and want to sit with them. We're skipping the head table and putting the wedding party with their families and taking a sweetheart table for ourselves.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This place is a little awkwardly set up... There is a dance floor with string lights near a DJ booth stage left to the stage. It's a small area with a little lower ceiling and away from everyone. I would be afraid to put people there and move the dance floor to the stage because people there might feel a little awkward and not included. I'm also not sure if the venue would let us in case someone (probably one of my drunk cousins) falls off the stage. Here's a pic to give you an idea how off to the side it is. 
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ab/68/7a/ab687aca6697fea0586a2d4502c62085.jpg

I don't mind putting my BP and their SOs on stage because I really want them to actually enjoy the wedding. I just don't want any awkwardness with aunts & uncles/friends feeling left out that they weren't included. These little details that I never thought about are tough lol! 
  • @wandajune6 So what's your plan for the stage? I really hate the stage at ours. It would make things so much better if it wasn't there. 

• drina0218 said:
    @wandajune6 So what's your plan for the stage? I really hate the stage at ours. It would make things so much better if it wasn't there. 

I've decided to ignore it. It isn't huge and it creates the other boundary with the dance floor. I might drape it with some tulle or something like that but I'm really just ignoring it.

Then again, I'm not terribly focused on decor...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • op2015op2015 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    drina, I DEF understand the fear of awkwardness with family members feeling left out, I have been through my share regarding the fact that <GASP> only ONE of my BM is actually a blood relative and that <DOUBLE GASP> all our wedding guests are 16 and older. However, I think it will be well worth it to have your bridal party and their SO on stage with you. I assume your wedding is going to be a BLAST (at the mention of the possibility of drunk cousins) and that besides eating, most people will not be sitting much. 

Good Luck!

• We had a similar issue, there is a big stage in our venue that we absolutely had to have tables on, in order to fit everyone. We decided on a sweetheart table, two bridal party tables (including SOs), and one table of my closest family and one of my fiance's closest family. I originally didn't want to have to sit others onstage with us and the bridal party, but it worked out that we each had exactly enough "close family" to fill the two add'l tables we needed to put up there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards