Not Engaged Yet

I could use a hug...

edited June 2014 in Not Engaged Yet

So my grandpa died yesterday afternoon. I'd just seen him a little over a week ago and he was doing ok. He was admitted to the hospital a week ago and kept having issues; back pain, high white blood cell count, trouble breathing, pneumonia, heart problems. After all he'd been through this past week I'm glad he's not suffering any more. He had 90 years full of happiness and adventure, so in that regard I'm at peace with it.

I feel selfish saying this, but I just feel like H and I have had a tough run of things for a while now. His dad passed away a little over 4 months ago, my girlfriend lost her father a month after that...and now my grandfather. Every time we start feeling better about things, something else happens. I'm so exhausted from being sad, and being around sad people, that I just can't do it anymore. H and I went for a walk and talked about it last night...I know he feels the same way.

Originally we'd decided not to take a vacation this summer and to save our pennies. Now we're both thinking that a week away somewhere might be what we need to get back to a good place. I think it would really help to have something to look forward to, and to create some new happy memories.

Anyway, I guess I just needed to get that all off my chest. We did have one HUGE happy last week though. H & I became an aunt/uncle! Beautiful baby Collins Virginia arrived last saturday. She was born at 8:30 pm, weighing 6 lbs 3 oz. She is so precious and H and I couldn't be more excited!! Only wish mom and dad lived closer so we could see her more often!

Re: I could use a hug...

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I'm so sorry for your loss :(  That is really a rough few months.  I hope you get to take a trip and get your mind off of the life troubles! 
  • @allusive -I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather! It's extremely tough to lose a close family member and especially when there is a lot loss going on in your life already. When it rains, it poors. Your in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that this vacation can help you and your H to put your minds at ease and just relax. 

Congrats on becoming an Aunt though! That's so exciting! I'm glad she could bring some happiness to you and your H through the tough times that have been going on.
  • I'm so sorry for the loss, sending you lots of hugs.  Your new niece is adorable!!!!

Anniversary

• So sorrry for your loss :-(

IME, you don't have to go far to "get away."  You don't have to take a big vacation, and if you wait until after labor day, you will likely spend even less.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I'm so sorry for your loss! I'm thinking of you and your H and your family during this difficult time. It's so hard to lose a family member, especially someone who is so close.

I hope your new niece can help bring you some happiness and joy during this time! She is beautiful! Congratulations!

• So sorry for your loss :-(

Anniversary
  • Hugs- sorry for what you're going through :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh Allusive, I'm so sorry for your loss. I think a vacation sounds like a great idea. Even if you don't feel like you can swing a full week, take 4-5 days somewhere in driving distance. See beautiful sights, read in a quiet place, reconnect with your husband over a good meal.

And oh, here is that giant hug you were looking for: urrrgggghhhhhh (that's a text hug in our family)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I am so sorry for your losses. I think a little time away would be great for you. BF and I needed that once, and we went to six flags for the day and both decided to leave our phones in the car. Doesn't sound like much, but it helped so much and we still talk about it to this day. 

Hoping you can find some time "away" to get things clear. *Hugs*
    friends tv show funy
  • So sorry to hear what you're going through, but congrats on becoming an aunt! I think a vacation would be a great thing and it doesn't have to be anything extravagant.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @allusive007 - I had a really rough year like that.  it finally ended a few months ago.  we had quite a few deaths in the family and just a lot of other things that happened.  it's awful, and I'm sorry.  I wish I could wrap you up in a big hug!!  just remember that life is a cycle, and eventually things will start to look up again.  you should take a few days away somewhere, for sure!
  • Awww I'm so sorry for your loss! That's so tough. A vacation could honestly help you guys clear your minds. My dad died in June of 2009 (four days before my 21st birthday actually), and going out of town helped immensely. Getting away from everything, being able to take time to reflect and clear my thoughts, and just being somewhere different was the best medicine for my grieving heart. I really hope you and H are able to find some solace soon. *hugs*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs, and you and your family are in my thoughts.
  • I'm so sorry for you loss *hugs* It sounds like you and your H really do need a week away, sometimes saving the money isn't as good as having the break from reality for a bit.

And congrats on the new (super adorable!) niece! That is a huge happy!

• I'm sorry for your losses.

I think even a long weekend can really be beneficial to putting your mental/emotional health back on track.
  • Hugs!!!  Lots of em!  I can't really make the pain go away but I can let you know that you are loved and probably totally deserve a vacation :)  If budget is an issue you can always try to do a state park or something relatively local.  But for now, all the hugs!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    *hugs*
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Thanks for all the hugs and kind words ladies. Sorry this turned into a bit of a post and run, it's been a crazy day at the office!

• I'm very sorry for all of your recent losses. *HUGS*
  • I'm so sorry you and your FI are going through this. Sending you lots of hugs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Aww, Allusive, I'm sending you every hug I got. <3 I'm sorry that you and your H have been through so much loss recently; I can't imagine how discouraging and draining this must be. I think you guys are probably spot on in that taking a little time for yourselves would really help. Even if it's not an extravagant vacation, just a few days of TLC and focusing on the good things in life might be wonderful.

Speaking of the good things, your niece is precious!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards