Wedding Woes
Options

Ohio Ladies

Oh ladies, you need to make sure your voices are heard by your politicians on this one:  

Re: Ohio Ladies

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    fuck.  
    (FTR, I have to buy rape insurance for my child at some point too, when she's old enough to possibly ever need anything resembling a termination for any reason.)
  • Options
    Well, this is about poor women and Medicaid, so I'm sure someone out there is all, I shouldn't have to pay for poor people to have sex, blah, blah, blah road to denying reality.  With some of the things the conservative movement has been pushing into insurance plans though, this could start affecting normal insurance schemes.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member

The "I shouldn't have to pay for poor people to have sex" would be my stupid SIL who ironically got state aid for her 3 kids. 

On a sort of related note I found out that the hospital where I had 6let and M2 closed their birthing center.  That means there is no hospital in the COUNTY where you can deliver a baby.  There were only 2 regular OBs and 1 locum.  I wonder how long any of them can/will stay.  It's a poor county with zero public transport.  How are women supposed to get care?  Get's me pissed all over. 

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    GB- I'm so sorry you have to think about those things, but so glad you are.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    One of the irritations about this is that I have *ALWAYS* been pretty moderate about the abortion issue. I spoke out in support of parental notification/permission. If Buffy came home knocked up, I'd be the person who would be giving her my opinion that adoption was the 'best choice. But there's less and less room for those of us who self-identify as 'moderates' on these issues. I don't *WANT* to have an abortion. I don't want my kid to have an abortion. I just want the choice to be there for people who need it. And they're taking that away. I really wish that peple would differentiate between birth control and abortion.
  • Options
    GBCK said:
    I really wish that peple would differentiate between birth control and abortion.
    ^that is one of my biggest pet peeves right there.  I can't believe these two things are being merged again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards