Ohio-Cleveland

Hoover Hall Walsh University Reception

Hey guys! I have searched to make sure no one covered this before so I apologize if I missed it. We are doing a DW but want to come back and have a nice but not formal, ballroom setting reception since we understand not everyone will be able to make it to Mexico. Has anyone had a reception at Hoover Hall or been to one? I can't find any pricing information online and wanted to see how working with them was since I did see they have their own catering and bartenders. We looked at Happy Days Lodge in Peninsula today and liked it, wanted to compare to other venues to see how it compares. Dates for summer 2015 are filling up quick so getting nervous about booking a reception place. Any input would be great thank you!

Re: Hoover Hall Walsh University Reception

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I haven't been to a wedding there but we did visit HH as a possibility for our own wedding. 

The price I have for the venue alone is $1,400 + bartender and security fees. It's a beautiful venue but we turned it down primarily because a) It's HUGE, and the tables cannot be moved, so we would have had tons of empty tables hanging out, and b) They prohibit outside food/alcohol. 

Hope that helps!
  • Wait back up, no alcohol? That would be a deal breaker. We are going to look Thursday so that will definitely be a question. If not that's deceiving because on their website it says professional bartenders to serve beverages you provide. Good to know thought thanks!
  • ElcaB said:
    I haven't been to a wedding there but we did visit HH as a possibility for our own wedding. 

The price I have for the venue alone is $1,400 + bartender and security fees. It's a beautiful venue but we turned it down primarily because a) It's HUGE, and the tables cannot be moved, so we would have had tons of empty tables hanging out, and b) They prohibit outside food/alcohol. 

Hope that helps!
    We toured the location today and they do allow alcohol that you bring in. It is huge but she made a good point that the tables in the back can blend in with the rest of the wood and not put linens or centerpieces on them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards