June 2014 Weddings
Options

How are you calming your nerves?

Ahhhhh the big day is in 3 days, June 7th 2014! What are your tips/tricks that you are going to do to calm yourself down? I'm a pretty shy person in general, so I am extremely nervous about walking down the aisle in front of 100 people, even though they are all my family and friends. I just have a general anxiety about the whole thing, but I know once the ceremony is over I will be good to go! Booze? Drugs? Meditation? lol I hope someone else out there is feeling the same way I am!

Re: How are you calming your nerves?

• Options
    Freakin carbs! That's how I'm calming my nerves LOL oh and champagne

~*~June 21, 2014~*~

• Options
    I'm not managing to calm them very well at this point. With only 3 days left I still feel like there's so many little things to do. And yes, the walking down the aisle thing is freaking me out. I think I need some wine tonight!
  • Options
    I have 3 days too... I just got a massage, that helped :) Also I keep running through walking down the aisle as well as our entrance into the reception (the two parts I'm most nervous about) in my head, trying to mentally rehearse exactly what I'll do, so that by the time Saturday rolls around I'll feel like I've done this a million times, it's no big deal.
  • Options
    I live two hours from where our ceremony is taking place (our hometown). I've been a mess the last month, now that I'm here though, I'm calm.

I'm just checking things off my to do list, assigning boxes to people who are transporting decorations, and remembering that I'm going to see just about every person I love this weekend.  That last thought overcomes me with joy every time I think about it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm not...2 days to go and I was doing great until last Sunday ;)

My girls have been stepping up in an awesome way.  If I start to stress I just call one of them and they smooth everything out.  My family started to arrive in town last night.  I just realized it's time to let everything go, what will be will be.  It's time to start enjoying the next few days with family and friends.

I'm done, everything that's going to be is set.  We did final walk throughs with vendors.  It's time to just enjoy the next few days.

And I would go with alcohol to destress....lots of alcohol.  I want a good brew right now so bad...but we've got a new little one on the way so that's going to have to wait alittle longer....

Yeah for June 7th!!!!!!!

• Options
    I live two hours from where our ceremony is taking place (our hometown). I've been a mess the last month, now that I'm here though, I'm calm.

I'm just checking things off my to do list, assigning boxes to people who are transporting decorations, and remembering that I'm going to see just about every person I love this weekend.  That last thought overcomes me with joy every time I think about it.
    this is how I think I'll be too. I still got a little bit since I'm the end of the month. But I live 8 hrs from the wedding currently, but going in town the week before. Just breath girls! It's almost over and enjoy some peaceful time :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Seriously it's been great reading all of your responses! I feel like it's helped me to just slow down and try to breathe. My parents arrived last night and I went out and had a drink with them, and it really felt good to talk things over with them and make final preparations. My mom is too cute, and is so excited for me that it really makes the whole being nervous thing worth it! We can do this ladies!!
  • Options
    I've been taking naps.  It takes me a long time to calm down before I can even start to sleep though.  But 3-6pm every afternoon is nap time.

If I drank, I would do that instead.  But liquor takes longer to wear off than sleep :-)

I also booked myself for a massage on the 20th (8 days before the wedding)--which is also the day before my birthday.  I hope that will have some lasting power for the crazy last week.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @wabanzi I just booked a massage too! Mine is 2 days before. I'm thinking that by that point it will be what it will be so I can let the stress go away and focus on two days of fun. 
  • Options
    I'm six days out and I'm starting to freak about the small details... I may have to see if there's time for a massage because I don't drink either.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards