Nevada-Las Vegas

How long for HMU?

OK, after the back and forth back and forth of should i do my own HMU I think I have settled on yes.  So how long do I need to give myself?  Our ceremony is at 4, the chapel request we be there by 330 and the guest arrive 15 min early.  I'm guessing I will get dressed in my dress at the chapel so how early should I schedule my HMU.  My hair is pretty long and fairly thick.  I was originially going to do a half up half down hair style, however my dress has an opening in the back so now I am thinking all the way up.  Any ideas?

Re: How long for HMU?

• It depends on your skills.  My hair and make up took 1.5 hrs (I did not do my own). We did a trail run so we knew exactly how it was going to be. I would recommend playing around and doing a full trail to see how long it will take you. 

If you have a keyhole and a long hair I would suggest perhaps a low up-do. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • a13049a13049 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    Oops, I meant I have decided to get my hair and make up done. I'm thinking 2.5 hours should be fine. I'm hoping for 2 so I can order room service too. I don't wanna spend my whole day in my room though
  • KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    Oh haha! You will need to talk to your HMU artist. Mine recommended up to 2 hours for HMU and 30 mins for  getting your dress on and up to 30 mins to get from your room to where ever you need to go - limo,or chapel in the hotel "because the hotels are just huge, not to mention if you are in a wedding dress be prepared to get stopped"... She was right... :/ We were 15 mins late for the shuttle.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • a13049a13049 member
    Thanks, I booked for 1 that give 2.5 hours. I'll get dressed at the chapel, and our chapel is in the hotel. She thinks two hours with what I'm looking for is good
  • my HMU just gave me the time that she would be there? I didn't have to stress about what time she would be there 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • a13049a13049 member
    At the time I was looking at some different hmua some gave a specific time and some said I can do this time or this time. I choose pampered brides from a person recommendation and she was really fast and easy to work with so far. She have me a great deal, a "referral discount." I loved her work that she showed me and gave me a great vibe went I sent her 102 questions about hmu, bookings and the vegas heat in July. Definetly let you know how it turns out after everything is done
  • for example mine is coming at 10:30 and will be done by 1pm for two people 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't underestimate the value of a trial.  Not only will it give you a good estimate on time, but take pictures afterward.  My wife did a trial the night of our rehearsal dinner, photog shot a bunch of pics, and what she was happy with in person she wasn't happy with in photos, so she had the makeup adjusted for wedding day and then things came out the way she wanted.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• @vegasgroom great point, thanks!  Hadn't thought about the photos and how the makeup will look.  Will definitely remember that.
    We had our dream wedding in Las Vegas - 11.29.2014
  • a13049a13049 member
    Unfortnuelty it's not really in the card for me to get a trial, we will be getting down to vegas to late the day before to consider it with all the other stuff we have planned. But
  • a13049a13049 member
    @rosebubbly ygpm! Tia I would love to put fake petals down the isles. That's the one thing I thing is missing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards