August 2014 Weddings

Writing Own Wedding Vows

Is anybody doing this?

It's really important to my FI for us to write our own vows, so I agreed to it. He's very good with words and almost majored in English, so I know he's not worried about it. However, I am not as verbose as him, and I'm afraid my vows will seem small in comparison. Any tips/suggestions/ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Writing Own Wedding Vows

• My FI saw partially personalized vows at a wedding in January and he loved the idea, so we're going to have some personalized vows. I'm not bad with words, but I'm a little terrified. I think it's probably a good idea to see if your FI and you want completely serious vows, serious with a couple funny quirks, etc. I'd hate for him to have completely serious vows if I decided to have a few funny quirks in mine!
  • My FI saw partially personalized vows at a wedding in January and he loved the idea, so we're going to have some personalized vows. I'm not bad with words, but I'm a little terrified. I think it's probably a good idea to see if your FI and you want completely serious vows, serious with a couple funny quirks, etc. I'd hate for him to have completely serious vows if I decided to have a few funny quirks in mine!
    Oh good idea. I will talk to him about this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • you could also have a neutral party (officiant perhaps) read over you and your FI vows to make sure they are along the same lines in length and tone. This is what I am doing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards