Snarky Brides
Options

I love my sister but....

MaryGraceRichMaryGraceRich member
5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2014 in Snarky Brides
....her wedding is making me crazy.

I truly do love my sister. She spent a lot of time and energy raising me for a good portion of my life. She is about 15 years older than me.
She is getting married for the third time is september. She is having a decent sized wedding (100 people maybe.) She is doing so many things that are making me say ugh.
First she never asked me to be her maid of honor she told me I was going to be. I was surprised but I agreed.
Then a few months ago she said to me "Do you want me to be involved in the planning of my shower or do you want it to be a surprise?". I was taken aback by this. I didnt think she expexted a shower for a third wedding. I told her that and her answer was "When I moved up north I had to leave most of my stuff so this will help me get new stuff. And besides FI mom didnt get to be involved in his first wedding so she wants to help you with one." I wanted to say to her than her FMIL can throw it but I sucked it up and said fine.
She sent out her wedding invitations yesterday. Her wedding is at the end of september. Her rsvp date is the middle of July. I tried to advise her against it and tell her its too early. She said she is being nontraditional and wants people to be able to make travel plans. Thats what her STDs were for!!!!!
I received my invitation today. My name was spelled wrong.
UGH the next three months are going to be rough.
Sorry for the long rant.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: I love my sister but....

• Options
    Eek. That's all kinds of wrong. I'm sorry this happened to you. Hopefully she takes your advice. And if not, grab some popcorn and enjoy the shitshow to follow.
  • Options
    Thanks. She is properly hosting guests which is a plus.
    And I forgot to mention that one of her bridesmaids got pregant. She is high risk so my sister told her that she didnt have to be a bridesmaid if she didnt want to. She decided she wouldnt be able to make it because she will probably be on bed rest and she is due right around the wedding date.
    So my sister replaced her.
  • Options
    She misspelled your name?!!
    WOOOOOOOW....

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Yeah. Her excuse when I texted her and told her she misspelled my name was "Sorry I sent out a lot of invitations and I was tired."
    Good times.
  • Options
    Yeah. Her excuse when I texted her and told her she misspelled my name was "Sorry I sent out a lot of invitations and I was tired." Good times.

SITB:

BS! I could be drunk off my wits and still remember my SISTER'S name. And it's long, too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Wow, spelled your name wrong.  Ouch.  
  • Options
    I could stay up for 72 hours, drink six Red Bulls, and STILL manage to spell my brother's name correctly.

What the hell.
  • Options
    Yeah, sis. "A surprise." That's why you haven't heard anything about your shower plans. It's a big surprise. If you ask your friends they'll INSIST they haven't heard anything about a shower. They're excellent pretenders.

• Options
    Marzipan13Marzipan13 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited June 2014
    wrigleyville said: I could stay up for 72 hours, drink six Red Bulls, and STILL manage to spell my brother's name correctly.
    What the hell.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Unless her legal given name is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, of course. But I don't think I'd let that slide for a
    sibling

ETF: fuckin' boxes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    Yeah, sis. "A surprise." That's why you haven't heard anything about your shower plans. It's a big surprise. If you ask your friends they'll INSIST they haven't heard anything about a shower. They're excellent pretenders.
    Damn skippy. Sis, you set a time and date, and you can be surprised when no one shows up.

LOOOOOORDDDDD
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    She SPELLED YOUR NAME WRONG? By the beard of Zeus! 

• Options
    Well, she sounds just perfectly delightful....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    My sister's name is spelled with a Y where an E should be...and I could be black out DRUNK and never forget how to spell her name...FUCK my FIANCE could be black out drunk and STILL REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That's rough, I'm sorry. The other stuff, sucky yes, I'd say just enjoy the show but the name.. that's a whole new level of wtf. Sorry :/
  • Options
    I'd like to express shock over the name but I can't.  I used to work in foster care and to be a foster parent you have to have background checks run on you and your household members.  In the state I worked in they had to be run every three years to maintain your license.  On the CPS check (to see if you were a child abuser) you had to list the full names of all of your biological children, adopted children, step-children, and foster children.  I can't tell you how many women didn't know their biological child's middle name.  They would call up one of the other children and be like "what's your sister's/brother's middle name".  I had a couple who couldn't spell their kid's name either.   I also had a woman tell me she didn't have any step-children…. ……she was living in her step-daughter's house and was sitting two feet away from her as she said this.   
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mysticl said:
    I'd like to express shock over the name but I can't.  I used to work in foster care and to be a foster parent you have to have background checks run on you and your household members.  In the state I worked in they had to be run every three years to maintain your license.  On the CPS check (to see if you were a child abuser) you had to list the full names of all of your biological children, adopted children, step-children, and foster children.  I can't tell you how many women didn't know their biological child's middle name.  They would call up one of the other children and be like "what's your sister's/brother's middle name".  I had a couple who couldn't spell their kid's name either.   I also had a woman tell me she didn't have any step-children…. ……she was living in her step-daughter's house and was sitting two feet away from her as she said this.   
    These people should not be foster parents. 

smalfrie19 are you my sister? I have a Y where an E normally is too. My sisters have never spelled it wrong. The only reasonable excuse if if the OP recently changed her name or something.

• Options
    mysticl said:
    These people should not be foster parents. 

smalfrie19 are you my sister? I have a Y where an E normally is too. My sisters have never spelled it wrong. The only reasonable excuse if if the OP recently changed her name or something.
    Remembering your own kid's name is not on the list of requirements to be a foster parent. I had to have a really good reason not to approve someone or to not renew their license.  

As for the step-mother she wasn't a foster parent, just lived in their home so she had to be backgrounded. I think (hope) that she thought I meant minor children in her care and she didn't think the adult step-children counted.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nope. I hadn't changed my name. She just didn't spell it write. Truthfully I am more annoyed about her shower assumption than anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards