Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Welcome gift vs favor at the wedding

I am having a smaller destination wedding 16 couples being invited. I was thinking of doing a welcome bag placed that they would receive when they get to the resort (or have placed in the room) and I am wondering if it is focused on the weekend and as a thanks for coming, can I forgo the wedding favor at the table? It will be one less thing to coordinate, etc.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Re: Welcome gift vs favor at the wedding

• Options
    LatilloLatillo member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment First Answer

We are also having welcome bags for each room, not per guest however we are having favors as well. I don't think favors are required though. I dont think many people would even notice if you didn't have favors. We are actually putting ours on the seats at the ceremony rather than the dinner b/c we are giving maracas with a little tag that says "Shake for a kiss"

Kind of corny but I thought it was cute!

• Options
    We are also doing both. Im anticipating about 40 people for our wedding and will also being doing them per room. We are also giving a favor per couple/family invited. We will be using mini frames as the place cards and will be giving a bottle stopper (both have shells on them to go with our beach theme). Since we are doing the welcome bag I didnt want to go over the top on favors especially since I wanted to give something that would be practical and could be used again (and it didnt make sense to have multiple in a household). Also a tip for the welcome bags, I have found everything I want to include in the bags and as we get closer to the date will have a better idea on who is and isnt coming. Then I will order everything offline and have it shipped directly to my vendor (thankfully we can keep it in her office at no charge, as I have seen many locations charge a daily storage fee, anywhere from 5-15/day!) Good luck!
  • Options
    We are also doing both. Im anticipating about 40 people for our wedding and will also being doing them per room. We are also giving a favor per couple/family invited. We will be using mini frames as the place cards and will be giving a bottle stopper (both have shells on them to go with our beach theme). Since we are doing the welcome bag I didnt want to go over the top on favors especially since I wanted to give something that would be practical and could be used again (and it didnt make sense to have multiple in a household). Also a tip for the welcome bags, I have found everything I want to include in the bags and as we get closer to the date will have a better idea on who is and isnt coming. Then I will order everything offline and have it shipped directly to my vendor (thankfully we can keep it in her office at no charge, as I have seen many locations charge a daily storage fee, anywhere from 5-15/day!) Good luck!
  • Options
    Favors are never really required. I am just doing welcome bags, one per couple (16 total).  All of our guests are staying at different hotels though, so that makes it difficult. I am trying to decide whether to just give the welcome bags at the wedding as favors.  I think we have decided to do a welcome dinner the night before wedding though, so I may just hand them out then. That would leave me with one less thing I need to worry about bringing to wedding.

• Options
    malynamalyna member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    I think if you do a welcome bag, you don't have to do a favor. Most people don't really find a use for favors anyway
  • Options
    Thank you all. This is helpful! Happy planning!
  • Options
    I'm doing both, I'm doing a welcome gift with items such as water, chap stick, sun screen, some food and snaps, etc. As for my favors I'm doing a place card which will be a frame (beachy) per invite/couple/ family and I'm also doing a bottle stopper per invite/couple/ family but it's up to you what you feel is appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards