Honeymoon Discussions

Using a honeymoon registry?

jharmon10jharmon10 member
First Comment
edited May 2014 in Honeymoon Discussions

Re: Using a honeymoon registry?

• edited May 2014
    Are you serious? There are about 353795158 asked and answered threads on this.

You shouldn't. A honeymoon is not something you're owed by anyone. If you skip a registry, people will give you cash. Use that to pay for your own vacation rather than using a tacky middleman that takes a cut and essentially asks your guests flat out for cash.

• jharmon10 said:
    My fiancé and I are trying to plan our honeymoon but really won't have money since we are paying for our wedding. Has anyone used honeyfund? Do you have to pick a destination for your honeymoon to use it? Are there any ideas for paying the rest of the money once you get to the destination! I really want to go on a honeymoon but I feel like it's going to have to wait for months after our wedding.

please don't ask your guests to give you money for any reason at all, ever, and most of all, don't ask for money for your sexfest.
  • I suggest reading the honeyfund post just a few down from yours. It goes into a lot of detail as to why it's not recommended that you use a HM registry or assume people will contribute to one.

There are also some very informative posts on this same subject on the etiquette board.

• MNVegasMNVegas member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    It is extremely rude to ask other people to pay for your honeymoon. Your guests may not even be able to afford their own vacations. Why would you think they want to pay for yours?
  • To answer your question, no you don't have to pick a destination to use it. Here's why: when someone buys you airline tickets, a hotel room, special dinner, etc., you don't actually get that. You get a check, sometimes with fees taken out. It's just not a good idea since its deceitful.
  • *Head desk* *Head desk* *Head desk*
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • This question has more lives than a cat. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• No.  If you can't afford a HM right now then you don't get one right now.  Plan a great vacation for your one year anniversary.  Gives you something to look forward after your wedding is over with.

• While I don't have the same opinion on honeymoon funds as most people on here, I wouldn't use a site like honey fund, they take a cut from your gifts. Most people will give you money anyway so why give a portion of it to a middle man? A friend is using liberty travel for her honeymoon fund. Not sure how it works exactly, but I would think it would be more legit than a honeymoon website. It's something worth looking into if you really want a honeymoon fund.
  • Miclan88 said:
    While I don't have the same opinion on honeymoon funds as most people on here, I wouldn't use a site like honey fund, they take a cut from your gifts. Most people will give you money anyway so why give a portion of it to a middle man? A friend is using liberty travel for her honeymoon fund. Not sure how it works exactly, but I would think it would be more legit than a honeymoon website. It's something worth looking into if you really want a honeymoon fund.
    http://www.libertytravelregistry.com/registry/Honeymoon-Registry-Couple-FAQ#q5 

They still have fees. If most people give you money anyway, why use any tacky service designed to extract money from your guests?
  • PDKH said:
    Miclan88 said:
    While I don't have the same opinion on honeymoon funds as most people on here, I wouldn't use a site like honey fund, they take a cut from your gifts. Most people will give you money anyway so why give a portion of it to a middle man? A friend is using liberty travel for her honeymoon fund. Not sure how it works exactly, but I would think it would be more legit than a honeymoon website. It's something worth looking into if you really want a honeymoon fund.
    http://www.libertytravelregistry.com/registry/Honeymoon-Registry-Couple-FAQ#q5 

They still have fees. If most people give you money anyway, why use any tacky service designed to extract money from your guests?

Whoa! 9.65%
  • wow, I didn't know that. that's ridiculous.
  • Honeyfund, I found it to be the most reasonable fee-wise and it gave the option of various payment methods including checks or cash directly to the bride and groom with a print out of what you want them to use the money on from your registry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Honeyfund, I found it to be the most reasonable fee-wise and it gave the option of various payment methods including checks or cash directly to the bride and groom with a print out of what you want them to use the money on from your registry.
    Or, a guest can just give a check or cash directly to the bride and groom in a card and pay NO fees!  Whatever happened to common sense?
  • All the rude haters who have responded to this woman's post:

I'm assuming you don't have a Honeyfund?  For the life of me I can't imagine why you would respond to a post asking about the details of the service, when you have never used it and half the time you don't even use accurate details when making your arguments.  She's not on the etiquette board asking if she should have one, she's on the honeymoon board asking who has had one before and wanting more info.  You wanna throw in your opinion on something you have never used, go do it on the etiquette board where you and many others tear people to shreds for their ideas :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All the rude haters who have responded to this woman's post:

I'm assuming you don't have a Honeyfund?  For the life of me I can't imagine why you would respond to a post asking about the details of the service, when you have never used it and half the time you don't even use accurate details when making your arguments.  She's not on the etiquette board asking if she should have one, she's on the honeymoon board asking who has had one before and wanting more info.  You wanna throw in your opinion on something you have never used, go do it on the etiquette board where you and many others tear people to shreds for their ideas :-)

Your post makes no sense.

I think what many of us do not understand is why someone would want to use a middle man to get money from their guests?  Why not just let your guests put money in a card and give it to you? Why use a website?  I just cannot wrap my head around it no matter how hard I try.

• Please don't register for a honeymoon, it is begging for money, which is tacky and vulgar.

Just don't register, you WILL get money which can be then used for a holiday without any fees. It really is that simple. Why pay for a service when you will get likely receive MORE money if you don't (since you won't pay for fees)?!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards