Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Fun casual atmosphere

I'm having a morning brunch themed wedding/reception. I don't think typical dance/party type receptions are appropriate for a morning brunch. However, I don't want it to be a boring sit and make small talk with people type of reception either. 
What are some fun activities, conversation starters, excitement and laughter generating ideas that would go with a brunch theme?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Fun casual atmosphere

• Options
    I would be interested in finding out more as well. Our reception will be from 11-3pm and I am not sure what people will do besides sit and talk to each other. Ours will be in a private area of a really nice restaurant that has a gazebo and is on the edge of a lake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You don't need any games or activities. All adults need for fun are good food and free drinks (alcoholic or not). I love brunch receptions because it is precisely that- a great brunch! Please don't do any cutesy games or conversation starters, that just creates awkward forced conversation instead of the natural, easy going party atmosphere you are looking for.
  • Options
    My wedding was boring, I guess.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I agree with LondonLisa, but do think that music and dancing are great no matter what time of day.

• Options
    Well, my ceremony starts at 12pm and my reception immediately after. We'll have music and we'll be dancing.
  • Options
    Well, my ceremony starts at 12pm and my reception immediately after. We'll have music and we'll be dancing.
    Our wedding was at noon.  The reception officially started at 1pm but people were allowed in if they got there early.  That dance floor was packed.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure if the restaurant would allow this, but the last daytime wedding I went to had lawn games. It was great!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    mysticl said:
    Our wedding was at noon.  The reception officially started at 1pm but people were allowed in if they got there early.  That dance floor was packed.  
    I actually dance more at early events. I get too sleepy after dinner lol 

• Options
    mysticl said:

** SIB  **

So was my sister's and her wedding started at 10:30am.  Reception started at noon.  Catholic wedding with travel time to venue.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I am interested in seeing what people say about this one. I am wanting to have a brunch wedding as well. I don't know what to do about the dancing either to be quite honest. No tmany people in my family are big dancers. I know we will do the traditional dances obviously and we will have music playing in the background so if people absolutely want to. I am just scared about people getting bored. Let me know if you hear any good ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards