Pennsylvania-Central

Hair salons for wedding day updo?

I need some advice for a hair salon in the Mechanicsburg area. I'd like to be able to get my hair done and 4-5 of my bridesmaids need their hair done as well. The one salon I really like only has two hair stylists, and I don't want to take all morning waiting for 6 of us to get our hair done. Any other ideas? I'd like to find a place that's not too pricey. Somewhere around $40-$50 would be perfect.

Re: Hair salons for wedding day updo?

• ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I live on the east shore but my hairstyles is coming to my house in the morning!  She is based out of Elizabethtown but is more than willing to travel pending when your wedding is! I can give you her name and number if you're interested.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I live in the Mechanicsburg area and last May was in my friends wedding. We got our hair done at Chic Hair Designs. It is on Gettysburg Pike, right near Pizza Grill and not far from the Capital City Mall. My hair was around $50 and I LOVED IT. I gave the hairdresser photos of what I was going for and she made it look amazing. I got so many compliments and I was just in the wedding, not the actual bride. If my wedding wasn't in Lancaster, I would definitely be using them. We had a 2 hour block and I believe there were 3-4 hair stylists going at the time. There were 4 bridesmaids and the bride.

http://www.chichairdesigns.com/
  • edited December 2011
    If you could give me the contact info for the hair dresser you worked with in Elizabethtown that would be great! Thank you so much!
  • gaiwagnergaiwagner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I go to Salon 20/20 in Camp Hill.  I believe the up-do person's name is Christine.  I've been talking with her when about my hair for my wedding.  She is great.  We didn't talk price just extensions and updo's.  It may be worth your while to inquire.  It is right on Market Street. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards