Chit Chat
Options

I Do BBQ?

Hey ladies!  Sorry I have been away for a bit, life is still a little nuts around here.  My mom is still in town, and Nana is still in recovery but doing much better, and if all goes well she will be back in Las Vegas in 7-10 days! :D

Anyways what I'm really on here for is I recently got an invite to an "I do bbq" that is for friends of H and I's that are getting married at the end of August.  The bbq is for July 20, so its not an engagement party (at least I wouldn't think), plus there is registry info on the invite.  So is this a his/hers shower??  I've never heard of such a thing.  It is being hosted by friends of theirs, so the couple getting married aren't the ones hosting it.  H and I are planning on going regardless, I just thought it was a little weird, plus I figured you all would have fun hearing about it. :)
Anniversary

Re: I Do BBQ?

• Options
    I've never heard of it, but I did a quick google search and of course...got to Pinterest. And yes, it does appear to be a co-ed shower type thingy. Based on the Pinterest boards I saw.

Actually, I like this idea. Because I like BBQ and a good time. Looks casual and fun. I'm in favor of this plan. 
  • Options
    @magicink I feel like I should have known it was a pinterest thing.... 

I also agree, bbq's are fun.  :)  And I feel better knowing its a casual thing too. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hm. I'd only seen that wording on rehearsal dinner invitations. Sounds like fun whatever it is, but you'd think they'd be a little more specific if it's a shower.

• Options
    Haha, I went to pinterest, and I found all this "I do bbq" stuff, and every single one of the sample invites are all the same style.  Including the one we received in the mail.  They aren't identical, but all the same style.  No imagination...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I had never heard of it before but it sounds like fun. I love bbqs
  • Options
    "I Do BBQ" is what FBIL and FSIL are calling their rehearsal dinner, because it falls on the 4th of July.

If I got the invitation as you describe it, I'd think it's a couples shower.  Sounds fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    This sounds a lot like the couple's shower for me and FI. Only we called it a shower so nobody would get confused.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    I'm thinking it will be fun.  The couple getting married are a really great and fun couple.  I think i was just confused on what it was exactly.  I'm glad my assumptions were correct though. :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Wait, I'm confused. How is this different than hosting one's own engagement party/shower? Isn't that a no-no? Or is someone throwing them the I Do BBQ? 
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    Wait, I'm confused. How is this different than hosting one's own engagement party/shower? Isn't that a no-no? Or is someone throwing them the I Do BBQ? 
    Someone else is hosting it. It's in the 2nd to last sentence
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    KPBM89KPBM89 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    "I Do BBQ" is what FBIL and FSIL are calling their rehearsal dinner, because it falls on the 4th of July.

If I got the invitation as you describe it, I'd think it's a couples shower.  Sounds fun!
    I almost thought we were attending the same wedding.  We were invited to an I Do BBQ on the 4th, but the wedding is the day before, not the day after.  So theirs is like a second day of celebrating them.

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    ElcaB said:
    Someone else is hosting it. It's in the 2nd to last sentence
    Gah, thank you. Can I blame my imperfect eyes for this one?
  • Options
    I swear pinterest needs to die...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It can live as long as it has pins like Peanut Butter Gooey Crunch Bars:

• Options

Sounds like fun.  However, since it's Pinterest-tastic, I'm sure we'll see them all the time now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    FSIL is doing something similar for her baby shower (which she's throwing herself, eww) - the one for your friends sounds like fun! I like it when showers have a more casual vibe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards