Wedding Reception Forum

I want to have a canvas for people to sign, but how big should I make it?

Hello! I am planning on doing some sort of canvas (or something along those lines) with our monogram in the center for people to sign around at the reception. I will be having just over 200 people there (many of which will sign their own names instead of as groups of people). My question is how big should the canvas be? Some people will just sign names, but I've seen others who write sentiments, which is totally ok, but I don't want the canvas to be too small! Help please!

Re: I want to have a canvas for people to sign, but how big should I make it?

• It depends on how big you want your monogram to be. Say for example, if your monogram is 8 x 10, you'll want the canvas to be at least 18 x 24. I spent a lot of years as a certified art framer, and this is a common request. Also suggest that you have a frame on it, otherwise people will sign right to the edge.
  • Wonderful advice! I wouldn't have know the proportions should be like that. Thanks!
  • I had about 100 guests and I did an 8x10 and there wasn't much room left, so do bigger than that, for sure
  • indianaalum, was that like a picture with a mat around it? If so, what size was the actual picture, or was it 8x10 and the mat was bigger?
  • We had two 16x20 mats (for 8x10 photos) for about 100 guests to sign. The mats look good, not too crowded and not too empty either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards