Offbeat Weddings
Options

Doctor Who fans help please?

Hello. My wedding is still a few years off but I've started planning anyways! Good thing too, it takes me a while to come up with ideas for our Doctor Who themed wedding. I need your help ladies that watch Doctor Who! I can't think of anything for my centerpieces besides sunflowers and I don't want a whole lot of flowers at my wedding. My bridesmaids will be wearing sunflower clips in their hair and that's about the extent of flowers i want to see there. Any ideas for bouquets/things to carry/centerpieces for the wedding that fit our theme? We have gone with blue (after the TARDIS obvs), yellow (from the sunflowers), and white color scheme to match up with the theme. :)

Re: Doctor Who fans help please?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Not sure how much you want to spend on things, but thinkgeek.com has a few Doctor Who products that you might be able to incorporate into your wedding; lunchboxes, coffee mugs, sonic screwdrivers, levitating tardis:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/whereisit.cgi?y=0&x=0&t=doctor%20who&sortby=price&sortorder=asc

Bouquet ideas:
    • Hide a sonic screwdriver inside the bouquet; just in case of an emergency.
    • Attach a pocket watch to the bouquet; timelords have been known to stash their identities in one. 
    • Attach a bowtie around the bouquet

Centerpiece ideas:

• I know you don't want flowers but roses for Rose?
    • Candy bowls that say, "hello, sweetie"
    • Angel statues
    • small telescope for Donna's grandfather Wilfred

Not sure how doable they are but just a few ideas off the top of my head.

• Options
    Oh my gosh! Thank you. I love the idea of hiding a sonic screwdriver in the bouquet! :) Yeah we are getting a few things from think geek. We are going to have sonic screwdrivers for guests to sign our guest book. My fiance is dressing like the 10th doctor (David Tennant)! I'm going to have on rose earrings to represent Rose because she's one of my favorite companions! :) I was trying to think of something for the pocket watch. Our officiant is even going to dress as Captain Jack Harkness! :) Thanks for the ideas!!! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I was trying so hard to think up an easy way to incorporate Captain Jack but couldn't think of anything; very glad to hear your officiant is going to be representing for Captain Jack and Torchwood.

More Doctor Who random ideas:

• Tom Baker's Doctor wore a long scarf; if it's chilly when you get married perhaps the ladies could all wear long scarves trailing behind them
    • Photobooths have been a lot more popular lately, so if you're going to do one why not look into Doctor Who cardboard cutouts/stand ups for the guests to pose with.
      http://www.allposters.com/-st/Doctor-Who-Standups-Posters_c99555_.htm
    • Bananas. The Doctor says, "Always bring a banana to a party" and what's a better party then your wedding.
    • The phrase "bad wolf" and the cracks in Amy's house come up a lot on the show but not sure how to incorporate it.

You are going to have a great wedding!

• Options
    Thanks! Oh I almost forgot about bananas, definitely need to add those in. And yeah I was thinking if we get married by a beach maybe have a sign in the beach that says bad wolf bay but right now we're not leaning towards a beach. And the cracks I'm not sure either but thanks for all the help!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    were actually already doing this! (Doctor who wedding)

feel free to steal our ideas

groom is using doctors tux from this season and groomsman are wearing rorys all with bow ties

heres a pic of my shoes and a link to where they were made (except mine are both the shoe to the left)
    Doctor Who Design Shoes

heres a pic of our toasting glasses and a link to the lady who made them
    Reserved listing , DO NOT BID , Tardis, Doctor Who , Wedding goblets

and our wedding date is underneath

celery stocks incorporated into the boutineers as a tie back to classic who

jelly babies as favors and heres a link to where you can find them

tardis guest bood (we made ours but would be something like rivers book image below

invites could say just gps cordinates on one side and then along bottom non time lords flip for more information (a cool idea that we didnt get to use)

envelopes should be TARDIS Blue with a large gold number on the back (season 7 refrence also something we didnt get a chance to use)

as your leaving the church have bridesmaids and groomsman line up on each side holding sonic screwdrivers in the air to make an arch kind of like the way military weddings do

use doctor who classical pieces to walk down the isle too (i think im using amys theme but uncertain)

and if your doing an alcholic wedding you need banana daquris
    if you need more let me know

Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah my fiance is wearing the 10th doctor's outfit and we're all wearing converse, I mean the whole wedding party. Our officiant is dressing up as Captain Jack! I plan to walk down the aisle to Rose's theme. I love the toasting flutes and the guest book!
  • Options
    I love DW!
    how many centerpieces do you need?
    I think sunflowers in a square, blue, vase would look nice.
    They also sell Tardis cookie jars...
    something with the British flag on it (Union Jack)
    candy bar with Jelly Babies and Jammie Dodgers (I also like the idea of incorperating Hello Sweetie)

For some reason my head is stuck around flowers, I think because it's easy...

Etsy has a ton of stuff...cuff links, cards, stuff like that.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Good call with the Jelly Babies and Jammie Dodgers. While it is an odd combination don't forget about the fish fingers and custard; perhaps you could do a banana custard/pudding or fish and chips?
  • Options
    I am doing the fish fingers and custard. I found a great recipe to make cookies that look like fish sticks, to serve with vanilla pudding. I am probably going to have some of the TARDIS cookie jars. Our wedding cake has a layer that's going to look like hello sweetie carved into stone. And our favors are going to be glasses etched to say I went to Rob and Erin's wedding and all I got was this lousy glass and I'm going to fill them with jelly babies! :) 
  • Options
    Wonderfully fabulous ideas... and I mean TERRIFIC! So.. of course I'm having a DW wedding and I am just now working out the details... Will post when I have actual decisions made, if you go to etsy there is a ton and I do mean a TON of Dr. Who items but for someone on a budget a lot of it can be DIY and for this budgeting bride if it can be done by moi, it will be made. But it is an absolute great place for inspiration. And I do believe I just gave this post a much needed *Bump UP*

The one thing for sure I am getting from Etsy is this. Love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards