Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

save the dates

With just under 6 months to go, I keep putting off save the dates because right now, we're just struggling with everything else financially. My one bridesmaid has me convinced to DIY but is it too late to send save the dates? I don't plan on physically doing them for another 3 weeks or so, depending on my bank account. I need to stop being so cheap with our wedding, but are save the dates honestly necessary? Everyone does them!

Re: save the dates

• Options
    they arent necessary really.  if you dont want to spend the money on them, you dont have to.  
  • Options
    I agree they aren't necessary.  I got mine on shutterfly.  I had a friend take some pictures on a digital camera and uploaded them.  I ordered 100 of them - they were beautiful and I only spend $30.00!!  Of course the postage probably cost a lot more.  But as someone said earlier.....emailing a save the date is becoming much more common these days.  And it will save you a ton of money on postage!
    wedding countdown
  • Options
    There is one offered here and it's free. It provides  a link to your site that you decorate yourself. You just need email addresses (most of which you can locate via Facebook;). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards