Registry and Gift Forum
Options

A safe instead of a card box

I went to a wedding last night that a had a large safe next to the entry door way with a slit in the top for cards. Seriously, right next to the door. It was the first thing I saw walking in. A genuine, bonafide bank safe. Please tell me this isn't a thing now? I understand wanting to make sure nothing gets stolen, but this is over-kill...

Re: A safe instead of a card box

• Options
    I have not seen this, but my guess is it is a venue thing. I would bet the venue had issues with cards being stolen - ahem, their staff - and this was how the resolved the issue. I can't imagine a couple would buy a safe and cut a slot in the top of it - what a waste of a perfectly good safe. They could however dressed it up with a linen covering and bow so it wasn't so obvious. Either way I wouldn't fault the B&G :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Was it a Bond themed wedding? Seems a little silly. Maybe they forgot about a card box and it was a last second thing? A wooden box with a cool looking lock would be just as functional and would still be cute.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    leelabear said:
    Was it a Bond themed wedding? Seems a little silly. Maybe they forgot about a card box and it was a last second thing? A wooden box with a cool looking lock would be just as functional and would still be cute.
    Not if the card box has walked off from the venue before. Sadly is happens - a lot. :( 
    You can't carry a safe out, too heavy.
    The slot in the top of the safe screams planned by the venue to me :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    leelabear said:
    You don't buy something like that as a last second thing.  It would cost a few (several) hundred dollars.  I agree that it was probably something the venue requires due to past issues.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know it wasn't from the B&G, it was still pretty interesting/silly to see though. Even from the venue I find it overkill. They (the venue) had some decent security going on including (apparently) the venue owner. I think they (the venue) could've managed another way to do it that wasn't so conspicuous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards