Snarky Brides

One More Day Ladies!

Happy Thursday!

I'm here at work with just 2 of my bosses, so it will be a quiet day.

How about you?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: One More Day Ladies!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:4f43aa8a-8431-4feb-9726-167daffd666c">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last night I cleaned up the apartment and then went through two kitchen cabinets and the fridge to get rid of random stuff.  Then I watched SVU. Nothing exciting going on at work today.  I am also excited for the weekend. Tonight I might reorganize the cabinets but we'll see how much I feel like it when I get home.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

HA! It seems JCB and I have inspired you ;)

My son just called, he's coning up for a visit this weekend, which should be fun. Love seeing my kid, wish his GF wasnt working so she could come up too. She's a doll.
  • I'm wiping netbooks for grade eight teachers this morning, so they can be used for testing tomorrow...

I spoke to my principal yesterday and we had a great chat. There's another position that has opened up at the middle school for grade 7 English/social studies/tech (my area of expertise), and I wanted to apply since it's so much better than what I'm doing.

She's been super understanding, which is great. The staff and students at this school are beyond awesome, I just loathe this job. So I wanted to at least try for the other one. The thing is, the board may decide that since I have a contract already they don't want to move me - even if I'm the most qualified for the job. (I only know of one other applicant, and he has a math/science background. Ironically, he's better suited to MY job...)

Other than that, the 'man cold' has invaded our house. Things are very low key at home these days. Poor FI! He's not much of a complainer, thankfully, but he's been sleeping around the clock.

I feel like I blinked on Monday and now it's Thursday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:4f43aa8a-8431-4feb-9726-167daffd666c">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last night I cleaned up the apartment and then went through two kitchen cabinets and the fridge to get rid of random stuff.  Then I watched SVU. Nothing exciting going on at work today.  I am also excited for the weekend. Tonight I might reorganize the cabinets but we'll see how much I feel like it when I get home.
    Posted by Edie Bee[/QUOTE]

Dang girl.  You are an inspiration.

Last night I ran, then went out to dinner with my friend.  After that we went shopping and she bought the CUTEST pair of boots (with my coupon!)...I saw the most adorable pair of boots and I rreeaaallllyyy want them but I'm going to try to resist, at least 1 more season.  I'd rather have the $ to spend on the HM.

Tonight I'm running and then making chicken pot pie!!  I'm doing the cheater version with a rotisserie chicken and frozen veggies, but at least I'm cooking!  I'm thinking I'll either do roasted asparagus or steamed broccoli as a side...thoughts?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Broccoli. Always broccoli.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Fingers crossed and job vibes coming your way!

Edie- They have been together for at least 3 years. They have taken a break a couple times, but they always stay friends. I think they are actually more like brother and sister sometimes. But, I try not to define them, I let it be. She's still a doll and I think they support each other a lot.
  • Hi ladies! I subbed a class last night, so I feel like my schedule is thrown off. I'm determinded to go to the gym today- its been a couple weeks and I'm starting to feel blubbery. I'm teaching 6 year olds and 10 year olds tonight, so should be fun. 

And I vote jbcs broccoli! Sounds great. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:d1fada28-c613-4978-a2fb-e50bf2cf7b04">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Roasted broccoli! Toss with some olive oil (lemon infused if you have it; if not, a little bit of lemon zest), throw in some pine nuts, oven for about 10 minutes, sprinkle with parmesan.  Yum.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Looks whos becoming quite the chef!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:d1fada28-c613-4978-a2fb-e50bf2cf7b04">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Roasted broccoli! Toss with some olive oil (lemon infused if you have it; if not, a little bit of lemon zest), throw in some pine nuts, oven for about 10 minutes, sprinkle with parmesan.  Yum.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

YUM! I've been putting mine in a foil packet with some butter and pepper and putting it on the top rack of the barbeque. I'm in love with it that way, but my bbq season is about to end.

I haven't had pine nuts in ages! I wonder if I can get them up here ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I vote that you just shove more veggies in the pot pie itself and then you don't need a side   ;)

Morning!

I didn't get to sleep until after 2am and am now awake and sneezing.  I think I officially have a cold.  So I'm going to settle in under a blanket, make myself some chicken and stars (my magical cure for colds) and play around on pinterest.
  • Good luck to your H jcb!

Chicken and stars soup, Anna.  Gad, that takes me back (farther than I care to admit).

Getting ready to leave tomorrow for Florida.  Still don't know what my brother is doing or how his friend is doing.  I really don't think brother will make it with us.  Hopefully, he can fly down for a few days and join us.
  • Morning!

FI and I paid off our wedding cake last night, and then had breakfast for dinner, with my bridesmaid and her husband(she's expecting, I guess thats cravings for you)

Tonight nothing is on the agenda, I'm going to make spaghetti- I need to get parm cheese on the way home .I also need to take a look at the guest list/seating chart again because people have been dropping like flies this week, 6 yes' turned into No!!!

Thank goodness it's almost friday.

JCB- i'm going to have to try that-FI won't eat it, but I certainly will!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:feff4ac1-90fb-4654-8193-23e89b03846a">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck to your H jcb! Chicken and stars soup, Anna.  Gad, that takes me back (farther than I care to admit). Getting ready to leave tomorrow for Florida.  Still don't know what my brother is doing or how his friend is doing.  I really don't think brother will make it with us.  Hopefully, he can fly down for a few days and join us.
    Posted by Marrin713[/QUOTE]

Have Fun! Venice is a great area- very pretty! There are alot of cute little shops too close to the beach.
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:d1fada28-c613-4978-a2fb-e50bf2cf7b04">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

You are a GENIUS.  That sounds phenomenal.  Definitely trying that tonight...might add some garlic.

ETA: FML.  I just had to take the reins and tell FMIL NO yet again.  She wants to do a slideshow and both my FI and I don't like them at all. Plus she's SUPER tacky (her suggestion for the mother/son dance was the Jaws theme...) and I don't think she'd do a good job at all.  FI was supposed to tell her no but she just texted me asking me to find out if the DJ has video equipment.  I politely told her no thank you,  but if she would like to do a nice album, that would be great. 

She recently went to a wedding that gave out goodie bags to OOT guests at the hotel.  We don't have that in our budget, so she's doing them for HER guests...not ours.  I thought that was a bit rude.  She is just always trying to keep up the the Jones' KWIM?
  • Good luck to your H, jcb!

Morning, all.  I haven't been around much this week because work... well, it just sucks right now.  I've been working 10 hour days with no lunch break (getting paid for 8) just to get everything done.  It's so exhausting.  All I wanted to do yesterday was go home, sit on the couch, and do nothing, but instead I made myself go for a run (mainly because I saw my new work picture and I look like I've gained 20 pounds).  It felt good to run but I'm just so drained...  I'm ready for next weekend, when we go out of town.  H bought tickets to Cirque du Soliel so I'm excited about that.  I just hope I can leave work at work long enough to enjoy it.

Just one more day after today... just one more day...

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We don't have any grocery store chains up here. There's a Co-op and a North Mart, both are pretty small. I went to one looking for olives yesterday and they don't have any. I can't get powdered gatorade either (FI likes it), so I have to get in shipped in.

At least we don't live farther north - they place grocery orders for all winter during the fall, and it has to last because the boats can't get into port there by December, and the stuff they fly in is small quantities (and super expensive).

I don't usually shop at Co-Op. I will have to look there for pine nuts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:b63d2b64-0253-4394-a9bf-154eb9197ca2">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw, Shay, hang in there.  Any relief in sight?  Sounds like a little vacay is exactly what you need.  Where are you guys headed?  We saw the MJ Cirque show when they were in town and it was great! alois, garlic - YES.  I forgot that part.  You could also sub garlic infused olive oil for lemon infused and then use lemon zest for the lemon-y flavor.  Also, be sure to keep an eye on it - there's a fine line between cooked just right and then, wham, burnt.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    400*?
  • Jcb.. Maybe around March?  I thought by the end of the year we'd have some relief, but someone is going to be leaving in January which means all of her stuff will get pushed to me and one other person.  And she's at the point where she just doesn't care anymore and isn't really doing her stuff now.

We're going to see La Nouba in Orlando.  I've always wanted to go, so I'm pretty excited about it and H apparently got front and center seats so it should be fun!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Oh I'm sure they will, but she hasn't told our boss yet which is why me and my work bff are the only ones freaking out.  We actually have three other people in addition to the two of us, but they just started last month and are not at a point where they can take on full work loads yet.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:d0fc2537-ebc9-4eb5-b073-e817798a1da4">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One More Day Ladies! : Have Fun! Venice is a great area- very pretty! There are alot of cute little shops too close to the beach.
    Posted by brittany634[/QUOTE]

Yep, I love Venice.  Mom's been there about 20 years now and while everything around them seems to spring up, nothing changes in the immediate downtown Venice area.  My H and brother love Sharkey's - they like to hang at outside bar with their Coronas.
  • Job vibes for Mr jcb.  I hope it works out for him this time.

I love chicken and stars.  My Dad always had that around the house growing up.  That and SpaghettiOs.  mmmmm.

I thought you were talking aobut Venice, CA  (Los Angeles).  I grew up there.

Not much going on today.  I slept great, but I still want a nap.  Maybe I'll close my door at lunchtime and get a power nap in this afternoon.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Hi all! 

Les, I still love Spaghettios. They're comfort food for me.

Today is my Friday. We're house-sitting for H's parents and I'm so excited. They have a bathtub, and insulation, and multiple bathrooms, and a much bigger house than us. It's gonna be a good couple of weeks. :) But I have a feeling it will also make me that much antsier to get our house built. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:5d3e1ec2-43fb-4701-93fb-543b3f61e6a9">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all!  Les, I<strong> still love Spaghettios</strong>. They're comfort food for me. Today is my Friday. We're house-sitting for H's parents and I'm so excited. They have a bathtub, and insulation, and multiple bathrooms, and a much bigger house than us. It's gonna be a good couple of weeks. :) But I have a feeling it will also make me that much antsier to get our house built. 
    Posted by azdancer8[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this!!! They always make me feel better :)

How much longer til the house it built? FI and I are buying in May, I keep playing on zillow- I shouldn't tho because I fall in love and then it sells lol
  • Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    Move over chicken and stars and Spaghetti-O's:  here's another blast from the past.  I just used hot rollers on my hair.  Admittedly the ionic ceramic ones, but I haven't used hot rollers in donkey's years.  Earlier in the week I went for a quick trim and blow out while my psoriasis was asleep.  The stylist blew the hair straight (God love her tired little arms) and everyone was blown away (pun intended).  side story: with thyroid issues as yet unresolved my hair is a mess:  falling out, dry, brittle so I usually wear it up or back like a bun head.  So I decided since I cannot blowdry with the best of them I would try a cheapie hot roller set and some "sleek" serum.  Okay, not perfect but looks decent. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_one-more-day-ladies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a22f899f-03ca-4aad-afa8-7ec5ec5a2048Post:d2be42df-e71d-42b6-bc42-844cbf29f861">Re: One More Day Ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: One More Day Ladies! : I'm with you on this!!! They always make me feel better :) How much longer til the house it built? FI and I are buying in May, I keep playing on zillow- I shouldn't tho because I fall in love and then it sells lol
    Posted by brittany634[/QUOTE]

<div>We have the framing almost done. So it looks like a house from the outside, but now we have to save up more money to do the rest. We're building debt free, so probably another year or two before it's completely done. *sigh* But we'll own it free and clear when we're done!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards