Just Engaged and Proposals

I was proposed to in the bathroom! Engaged 3/16

And I loved it. ;) My birthday fell on a Monday this year (3/17), so my then-boyfriend and I planned to go to Disneyland the day before to celebrate (3/16). I got up at 6:30 to start getting ready for the day, and while I was in the bathroom straightening my hair, my BF came in. I was miffed because it was early, and I'm not really an early riser. He saw me, and just started smiling. I looked at him with a snarky look and said, "What?!" and he said nothing. He just came up behind me and gave me a really sweet hug. I was like, what are you doing? I'm trying to do my hair! And he pulls out a ring box. I swear, I looked like such a dope, mouth hanging and everything. I started crying, and it asked, "are you serious? I'm the bathroom? I look like a mess!" He said, "this is how I want to see you every morning. You look perfect to me." He then got down on one knee (after banging it on the tile first), took my hand, and asked me to marry him. I of course said yes! He put the ring on my finger, and it was perfect, if not a bit too big. I'm waiting to get my rings back (because he bought me a bridal set) on Saturday, and then I need to wait to start planning and focus on school! We are having a two year engagement so that he can finish up police academy, his FTO program, and probation, and so that I can graduate from my bachelor program. Once those things are finished up, we will be about a year out from when we want to get married. Yay!

Re: I was proposed to in the bathroom! Engaged 3/16

• Blue_BirdBlue_Bird member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014
    That's really sweet. Sometimes, it's those low-key, everyday moments that are the most special. Congratulations. :-)
  • That's exactly what it was. Thank you!
  • Congratulations! 
  • edited March 2014
    emmyg65 said:
    I actually think this is my favorite proposal I've read in these boards. "this is how I want to see you every morning. You look perfect to me." So sweet!! Congratulations to both of you!

That was so, so sweet of you. Thank you very much! 

• Congratulations! 
    Thank you so much. :)
  • Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Aw that's very sweet, I love it!

I had to laugh when you mentioned your snarky look...I am exactly the same! BF will come in while I'm doing my hair or makeup or something and just stand there. My response is usually some variation of "why are you staring at me?". Anyways, congrats and happy planning!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TwoDimes said:
    Congrats!! What a cute story :)
    Aww, thank you!
  • Aw that's very sweet, I love it!

I had to laugh when you mentioned your snarky look...I am exactly the same! BF will come in while I'm doing my hair or makeup or something and just stand there. My response is usually some variation of "why are you staring at me?". Anyways, congrats and happy planning!

Every morning when I beat him to the bathroom, he does exactly that. :) sometimes I just want to push him out of the bathroom, but I may want to reconsider that now. 

And thank you!
  • That's awesome and probably made the day at Disney a million times better!!

My fiance and I were in our bedroom packing for our trip to Japan and China. It was the night before our flight and we were both freaking out, so nervous, pacing back and forth because if we forget something it's not like Florida where you can just go to Walmart and buy it. It's freakin China! So he came over to my side of the bed and said "Well we can't forget this!" and whipped out the ring box and asked (didn't even get down on one knee).

He said he planned on doing it on the Great Wall but he was just too freaked out that customs would take the ring and it would be a disaster proposal in the airport. So we actually didn't tell anyone, we just got the plane and left the next morning with our little secret, even our parents didn't know. It made the trip so much more fun and we took amazing photos on the Great Wall which we use as our engagement photos and that's how we let everyone know was with those pictures when we got back :) Sure the proposal itself was just in our room but I loved every second!

• jenna8984 said:

That's awesome and probably made the day at Disney a million times better!!

My fiance and I were in our bedroom packing for our trip to Japan and China. It was the night before our flight and we were both freaking out, so nervous, pacing back and forth because if we forget something it's not like Florida where you can just go to Walmart and buy it. It's freakin China! So he came over to my side of the bed and said "Well we can't forget this!" and whipped out the ring box and asked (didn't even get down on one knee).

He said he planned on doing it on the Great Wall but he was just too freaked out that customs would take the ring and it would be a disaster proposal in the airport. So we actually didn't tell anyone, we just got the plane and left the next morning with our little secret, even our parents didn't know. It made the trip so much more fun and we took amazing photos on the Great Wall which we use as our engagement photos and that's how we let everyone know was with those pictures when we got back :) Sure the proposal itself was just in our room but I loved every second!

It's funny that you shared that story, because FI was actually planning on proposing to me in the park, but thought about the logistics and decided to do it at home. We decided to use the Disney trip as a means to celebratory engagement, and we ate a lovely lunch at Blue Bayou. When we got to the park, we wanted to take some pictures in front of the castle. While we were waiting for the disney photographer to attend to us, the young man before us asked if she could specifically photograph him proposing to his girl... And the photographer told him it would be in his best interest if he came back later, because it was crazy busy. I liked my little proposal! It was perfect.
  • That's funny- our men think alike!! 

• That line is smooth as hell and made me actually squeal out loud. Congrats!! Sounds like an awesome guy!! 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Lol I know how you feel. I got proposed to in the kitchen but i loved it no matter what.
  • Cute story! Congratulations! I was wearing huge gray sweat pants and awesome pink fuzzy socks at the time.  :-P However, my fiance did it in our home, and that meant a lot because we're planning our future together there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ummmm .... I was proposed to once in the bathroom (with my ex) and once just outside the bathroom (my fiance).  What is funny about my proposal was he thought I was in the bathroom primping ("like girls do") but I had actually just been dropping a deuce.  HAHA.  When I walked out of the bathroom and saw him on one knee I had NO IDEA he was proposing so my first thought was that he was being snoopy and I just said "GROSS!!!"  It wasn't but a minute or so later he realized what I had been doing in there.  LOL!

It's a funny story to tell, but it was still special because it was unexpected and evidently his heart was ready to do it at that moment.
  • AWW!! I wish my proposal was that sweet! I was literally on the toilet when he got down on one knee. We were eye level when he asked me. I started crying and said "Couldn't you wait two minutes?!?" His reply? " Nope, I wanna make this memorable." Great...

• Aww that is so cute:) Congrats by the way! I was proposed to in the hallway between the kitchen and the living room. Not to mention I had a cold at the time and was not feeling well at all that day so I didn't look very good either. My hair was a mess and I was wearing yoga pants and 2 different colored socks and that shows up in our pictures too that now everyone has seen. Haha but I loved it!
  • His words were perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards