Flowers

Diy preserve bouquet?

Has anyone preserved their bouquet themselves or should I leave it to the professionals?

Re: Diy preserve bouquet?

• My mom dried my bouquet herself.  I'm not sure but I think she simply hung it upside down and it dried out.  The hydrangeas shrunk up (but are still present) but the garden roses dried beautifully - as most roses will.  The greenery dried nicely as well.

Maybe google, it just depends on the type of flowers.  Hydrangeas, tulips, peonies will likely not dry that well - hydrangeas and tulips lose their petals as they die.  
    photo Isbell-232_zpsdaf64dd5.jpg
  • I just put mine in a brown paper bag (to asorb moisture) and hung them upside down in my basement for a few months & they dried out nicely. Now not all of the flowers dried out great. The berries went from green/red to black. And the sunflowers the petals shrunk as did many of the flowers. But I'm still very happy with the look and all it cost me was a brown back from grocery shopping.
  • I rememberin Highschool drying out flowers from dances. I hung them upside down and sprayed them with hairspray, it helped keep the color. I had all of my flowers from 9th through 12th until I was about 21 and moved out of my mom's house and threw them away
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards