Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Hostess gift

Hi all,

I am so excited because my fiance and I are having our first shower this coming weekend! His godmother, along with his aunt, are hosting it and his uncle will be hosting all of the men back at his "shed" (glorified man cave) during it. We are so excited and I appreciate their efforts SO much! His whole family has made me feel welcomed from the very beginning and I am extremely excited.

I will be picking out their hostess gifts sometime this week and I planned on including a card with their gift, but I am wondering if I will need to send a separate thank you note later in the week, along with the others I am sending? Is a card with the gift and one later redundant?

Thanks!

Re: Hostess gift

• Options
    I gave my sister a hostess gift and a thank you card for my shower and my bach party. I also sent her a thank you card with the other ones for the gift that she got me. I would think if they don't get you an additional gift then the thank you card for the party is enough. If they get you a gift also then you should send another card.
  • Options
    Of course you need to send a thank you card to the hostess after the party. How would she know whether or not you had a good time. This spring a bride gave me a candle and note she had brought to the party. I've already re gifted the smelly candle but I was anxiously awaiting her note to see if she had a good time.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll plan on sending one regardless of if they give an additional gift!

• Options
    Of course you need to send a thank you card to the hostess after the party. How would she know whether or not you had a good time. This spring a bride gave me a candle and note she had brought to the party. I've already re gifted the smelly candle but I was anxiously awaiting her note to see if she had a good time.

The thank you card and gift are the thank you for the party. I think it would be weird to receive two thank you's for the exact same thing. My MOH knew I had a great time at the party and loved it because she watched me enjoy it and because I told her that I had an amazing time and I loved the party. I did still send her a thank you card for the gift she bought me and I thanked her again for the party in it, but two separate cards and a gift seems unnecessary to me.

I would equate this to someone sending you a shower gift before the shower and you mail them a thank you card. You don't then send them another thank you card after the shower because they showed up there to celebrate with you since you already thanked them for the gift. 
  • Options
    I forget the gifts I get, but I always save the cards!
  • Options
    Just an update- I included a thank you note with my hostess gift on Saturday and they did get me an additional gift so a second thank you note is required anyways! Thanks everyone for the opinions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards