Pre-wedding Parties

Field Day

My Groom and I are thinking of having a Field Day/BBQ for our rehearsal dinner. Are there any ideas of games we can have, prizes, and an idea about length of time?

Additional information:
80-100 people
We will have guests between 2 years old and over 80 years old
We are getting married outside of Baton Rouge, LA

Re: Field Day

• Sounds like you two are a lot of fun to hang with.  At BBQs, I love to play volleyball and kickball.  Some of the guys would probably love a football game, but make it flag or any other non-tackle version, bruises just don't photograph well at a wedding.  For the more "senior" guests, set up horseshoes and bocci.  For the littlest ones, make sure there are plenty of different types of balls, frisbees and other toys.
    Enjoy the day.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    OBSTACLE COURSE!

Cornhole & hillbilly golf are also good options. 
  • Thank you. We really are trying to make it fun because we both have such big families and want them to get to know each other in a relaxed way and we felt at a black tie wedding reception wasn't the way. Now this hillbilly golf I have GOT to know what that is because it sounds like something that's going to be really funny to watch.

Best wishes to you all!
  • EricaB's Obstacle course made me think of Scavenger Hunt!  
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    2500 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    Thank you. We really are trying to make it fun because we both have such big families and want them to get to know each other in a relaxed way and we felt at a black tie wedding reception wasn't the way. Now this hillbilly golf I have GOT to know what that is because it sounds like something that's going to be really funny to watch. Best wishes to you all!
    Hillbilly golf (aka ladder toss): 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards