June 2015 Weddings

Deposits when to do them? How far along are your plans?

So I went home yesterday and told my fiance that we need to step it up a little bit. We are behind the ball. Luckily we were able to nail down a menu that we are both happy with. We did our tent/chair/table searching last night. I spoke with some DJ's. And did some research on our centerpieces, linens and tableware. My question is when do you guys start doing deposits? I spoke with several people, especially the rental places and was told that June (especially in the beginning) is a busy month due to weddings AND graduations. I worry about some place getting over booked. Or about having to resort to a more expensive vendor. Should I be doing deposits this far in advance?

Re: Deposits when to do them? How far along are your plans?

• Put deposits down as soon as you make a final decision. If you love a caterer? Put the deposit down. If you know you want XX Bakery, then put the deposit down. The knot has a suggested timeline to follow for when to book things, but honestly with a June wedding I booked a lot of our things 18 months in advance to confirm I got the vendors I wanted.
  • I told my FI that...Especially with the area we are in there are a ton of graduations at that time period too  So everything books up quickly between grad parties and weddings.  He thought I was nuts!
  • Everything I have made deposits for, I have a signed contract to go along with it. I've already paid for my venue in full, paid the catering deposit and signed a contract, paid my photographer deposit and signed a contract. I also already have my dress paid in full and it's being stored at Gramma's house.

I think if you find things that you like, book it. I booked my venue December 2013 for a June 2015 wedding. By the end of January 2014, all the weekend dates for June 2015 were booked.
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Gotcha beat- we put the deposit down in Sept 2013 for our june 2015 wedding. Our venue books THAT far out in advance. We booked our band in january of 2014, and our photographer in Feb 2014. Once you know you love it, do it, that way you get all your favorite vendors.
  • I guess next month I'll get a roll on it. It's been so crazy lately I feel like I don't have any time.
  • We've had to place a deposit with each contract we've signed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards