Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

How Early is Too Early to Order Invites?

I keep seeing sales of invitations at different websites/stores and I get so tempted to order samples and then order the invites.  We have our venue and everything booked, so it is not going to change unless the wedding gets called off or something.  I wouldn't be sending them out for a long time yet, obviously.  

Re: How Early is Too Early to Order Invites?

• Options
    We got a good deal (50% off sitewide through vistaprint) and ordered ours in January for a September wedding. We are sending them out the 1st or 2nd week of July. We had the church and venue booked and paid for already, so we jumped at saving some serious money!
  • Options
    I would wait. Over a year out is a really long time and a lot can happen in that time. The venue itself might not change, but the time or the hosts or something like that might. Also, I believe @AddieCake had a sudden venue change at like 4 months out. Not saying it happens all the time, but it does. 

Depending on how many invitations you have and if you're hand writing the envelopes, I wouldn't order more than a few months before they go out. Personally I'd rather spend a little more (maybe - places are always sending out coupons) later than have the possibility of re-ordering. 

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    Yes, yes, I did. I was so glad I hadn't ordered early like I almost did.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    doeydo said:
    I keep seeing sales of invitations at different websites/stores and I get so tempted to order samples and then order the invites.  We have our venue and everything booked, so it is not going to change unless the wedding gets called off or something.  I wouldn't be sending them out for a long time yet, obviously.  

Haven't you been having a lot of issues? I've been thinking about you a lot @doeydo I hope you are getting help and support.

I think ordering samples are fine- and you'd be surprised how your mind changes as time goes on.

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Yes, we have been.  We are trying to work through them and are continuing counselling together and separately.  
    Thanks everyone for your tips and advice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards