Connecticut
Options

Boudoir Shoot Weds!--Tips??

Hi Everyone...I have my boudoir shoot scheduled Wednesday morning with RAW....any last minute tips?  I have my outfits mostly all set, and they'll do my hair and make-up there before the shoot.  Any other advice?  Has anyone done a shoot with RAW before?  How was it??

Re: Boudoir Shoot Weds!--Tips??

• Options
    I had my boudoir shoot with RAW last February and received my album late August. The proofs were available online a lot faster, in March. I was very happy with the photos and had a hard time choosing, They made me feel very comfortable the entire time and had tons of suggestions for poses. Definitely just have fun with it! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I too am using RAW for my wedding.  We had our engagement photos taken 2 weeks ago.  I had a lot of trouble with communication for scheduling engagement photos (we had 2 rainouts), but I have been told that the problem shouldn't exist anymore because a lot of their backend work is being transferred to another company, and the woman that had been responsible for communication is no longer in that position.  We were told our e-photos should be up in the gallery about 4 weeks after they were taken and then we pick out photos for our guestbook which they will put together and bring the day of the wedding.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thanks guys...I specifically booked my boudoir shoot for this time because I want the album before the wedding as a gift to FI, and they seemed to think it would be plenty of time, so they better not give me any problems!!  But the wedding just over two months away at this point, so now it's making me nervous.   One of the above posters said that she did the shoot in Feb and didn't get the album until August, which seems like a realllly long time.   We'll see, I guess.
  • Options
    Jager1219: Yes J*** is no longer there communication person.  I was told by Eric that I should be receiving an email within a few weeks from their new person handling communications.  Also, we had been trying to schedule ephots communicating through J since June/August (our first 2 try's were rainouts) and then we finally ended up calling Eric.  Since that, he has been really responsive through text/calling.  Now that wedding season has slowed down I'd try to maybe get in touch with Eric directly, because I don't know if the transition has taken place yet, so I'm not sure who an email would get delivered too.  When is your wedding?  Maybe we can keep each other updated over PM?
  • Options
    Jager: I had done the same thing.  I actually had a meeting set up with Eric Brushett for October 30th but then we ended up hearing back from Raw and getting things taken care of, because we too were ready to walk away from our deposit.  As far as the guestbook, I completely trust them and am ok with not seeing it until the wedding day (June 29th), but I hope our gallery of ephotos is posted in a timely manner.  I'm guessing yours might have taken longer because June was right in the midst of wedding season?  Regarding the disc of photos from the engagement shoot, do you know if we are supposed to get that when the photos are ready, or not until the final payment for services has been made?
  • Options

Yes, it did take 7 months for me to get my album. I had no trouble scheduling my shoot, recieved the proofs quickly, but the communication afterwards was not good. Many emails unanswered or promises of the album being sent but then nothing.

However, when I did talk to Eric directly, he was very responsive. I hope that with the woman previously in charge of communication moving on that you do not have any issues. I really was very happy with their work!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi guys...the boudoir shoot went well on Wednesday, I had a fun time and am looking forward to seeing the photos.  RAW definitely has an edgier style and I'm glad I used them for this type of shoot (definitely not my style for wedding photos, but I know a lot of people love it!)

Stacy did a nice job with my hair and makeup, and she was super sweet--I was actually more nervous about that than the posing in lingerie part, just because I've had some terrible makeup experiences in the past, but she did a great job and made me feel comfortable with how I looked. I wasn't thrilled with her first shot at my hair, but she made some tweaks with no problems and it came out great.

The shoot itself was fun...I did three outfits total, and Eric is very professional and made me feel comfortable.  You can definitely tell he's done this a bunch of times before and seems to have it down to science.  Stacey stayed the whole time and helped touch up my lipstick, arrange my hair, suggest poses, etc.  She also help hook up my corset and attach my stockings to the garters, which was super helpful!!

Anyway, he told me that I should expect the gallery of images in 5 weeks and then once I pick the photos that I want for my coffee table book, the book only takes a week after that.  Wedding is 10 weeks from now, so I should be in good shape to get it on time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards