Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

New dress?

Ok, so was with my MIL and MOH earlier, had to visit David's Bridal to pick up a sash for MOH's dress. Saw the Oleg Cassini 621 and MIL wanted to see it on me.

I love my current dress. It's amazing. But, this dress? WANT!!!!!!!!! Like how did I miss this before type want. Got all three of us crying. Got Grandma over - who wore the original dress first. She loves the new dress.

I have a week to decide. Cost isn't a huge issue, I can afford the dress. Doesn't need major alterations, shorten the straps a bit and put in clear snaps for my bra. Length couldn't be more perfect. Fit is spot on if the straps are shorter - literally, perfect everywhere in a 14 which shocked me. But fit and flare works on me.

http://m.davidsbridal.com/mt/www.davidsbridal.com/Product_All-Over-Lace-Trumpet-Gown-with-Deep-V-Neckline-CWG621#

Pardon my stupid pose, I was trying to not cry. That's a 12 in ivory, I didn't get a picture in white as that was an awful color but that was the 14 of fit perfection.

Re: New dress?

• Options
    Wear the dress you see your self getting married on.
  • Options
    So your current dress was your grandmother's, and even she wants you to wear this new dress? And you didn't spend anything on Grandma's dress, and can afford this one without sacrificing anything else that will matter more in the long term (like photography or food)? 

DOOOOOOO ITTTT.

• Options
    Can we see a picture of you in the other dress?

• Options
    I don't have any decent pictures in my current dress, sorry! But yes, despite the price, we're actually under budget and screw it, I'll use my work bonus to happily buy this dress. Part of me is going it's how much for 8 hours? But I also realized I like my other dress, it was fine because nothing else was working (damn stores saying my butt is too big for fit n flare - David's is the only one who would), but it's not THE dress.

But Grandma (fiance's grandmother) has put in her vote. Her dress is a lovely party dress on me. It's lovely for day after brunch. This however is my wedding dress. So Grandma, MIL, SIL and Dad all came back for a second viewing. Dad promptly started crying. MIL started trying to not cry. Grandma just had to fluff up the skirt to start crying. SIL and I got our giggling crying started. It's THE dress.

It's now ordered. And I can't gain or lose weight until after the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards