Chit Chat
Options

Wedding colors help!

Hello! After much family drama, I've had to move the date of my wedding due to scheduling conflicts. My wedding was set for March 28, 2015 and has been pushed back to 2/28. My colors were going to be canary yellow dresses with royal blue accents. Are those colors too springy for an end of February wedding in South Louisiana? Help!! I've considered swapping the dresses to the blue instead of the yellow. Still need advice!!

Re: Wedding colors help!

• Options
    I think those colors would still look great! The blue will help subtle the yellow. I did similar colors for my first wedding years ago. It was in late march.
  • Options
    Nope, not in the slightest. Keep em.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2014
    I think it still sounds perfectly fine. I'd maybe gift the girls with some cardigans or wraps to go with their dresses (if it's going to be chilly), possibly in the blue you've chosen.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Hello! After much family drama, I've had to move the date of my wedding due to scheduling conflicts. My wedding was set for March 28, 2015 and has been pushed back to 2/28. My colors were going to be canary yellow dresses with royal blue accents. Are those colors too springy for an end of February wedding in South Louisiana? Help!! I've considered swapping the dresses to the blue instead of the yellow. Still need advice!!
    If you love the colors, keep them!  I agree blue dresses are a little more "seasonless" than yellow.  Maybe you can work in a deeper color with the blue and yellow to give things a base.  Navy, paired with a bright blue and yellow, might ground things a bit more while still keeping your color scheme.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Keep the colors, they are fine for February!
  • Options
    If you love the colours, keep them. So long as you and your girls are dressed warm enough, you'll be fine!
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    keep your colors!! I was terrified to have a wedding in the fall and not use fall colors. I'm having navy blue and gold, with pink accents-think gatsbyish (i hate that this is how I would now describe it hahaha). So stick with what you want and don't let the seasons dictate you!

• Options
    I;m going to sound niave... but I seriously didn't know that people considered the seasons when picking their colours lol. I highly doubt if my colours match my season.
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I have similar colors, but more of a turquoise for me. I was kinda worried it was too Easter-ey but eh, screw it. If you love them, go for it (and straight blue will be so much easier to find than turquoise, ha).
  • Options
    I think it would still be fine! However, you could use muted/pastel shades instead.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think those colours would still work, but if you want you can add different shades of blue and yellow.  Here are some pictures that might help:
    imageyellow wedding idea
    imageimage
    Roosevelt Hotel Wedding_Mark Eric260513_0021 copy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards