Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Is this ok?

We really want/need a new grill. We've fallen in love with a Weber that's pretty pricey. I would never expect anyone to buy it for us but if I keep it on my registry I'm more likely to see if it goes on sale in the near future or buy it with a completion discount after the wedding.

Our registry is relatively small (mostly upgrades) and largely filled with less expensive items.

Is it rude/presumptuous/improper/etc. to keep this on our registry? It's definitely high end ($500) but given that we constantly entertain outside, we just don't want to get another cheapie.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Is this ok?

• Options
    No I would not find that rude.  I had a Dyson on my registry.  No one bought it but hey, you just never know.  Some guests, if they are all friends, may go in on one big gift and buy you the grill or then again maybe not.

• Options
    It wouldn't bother me as long as you had plenty of choices in the $50, $100, $200 price ranges.
  • Options
    As long as you have enough gifts at lower price points it wouldn't bother me.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Options
    I feel better about the grill - but now I'm wondering if I've registered for the right price range!

The majority of items on my list are pretty inexpensive. There's very little we need and I started to upgrade things on my own before meeting FI so there's not a lot to upgrade. The vast majority of our registry is under $50 with only a handful of items over $100. I assume that if people wanted to give us a more expensive packaged gift, they could combine items.

My aunt's throwing me a shower so I've made an effort to have enough variety of options available for everyone who might be invited. After that, I'll be stumped!
  • Options
    It's fine. I would assume you put it on there bc your parents or siblings were going in together to buy it. I would not feel pressured to buy it.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Your registry sounds fine.  Like others said a group might go in on it.  Some people do buy that expensive of a gift on their own.  Plus there is the completion discount and a couple of people might get you gift cards to the store that you can put towards it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds good to me. Enjoy your grill whenever you get it!

Anniversary
  • Options
    csuavecsuave member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

Nothing wrong with putting a grill on your registry. 

This may or may not happen but it might encourage people to buy gift cards to that store thinking they will contribute to the grill.  As long as it is registered at a place you don't mind getting gift cards to you should be good, especially if someone does end up buying the grill for you.

• Options
    Yep definitely sounds good to me.

FWIW on your second q, in my area/circles (Midwest/early 30s professionals) shower gifts typically range $50-100.

• Options
    Yep definitely sounds good to me. FWIW on your second q, in my area/circles (Midwest/early 30s professionals) shower gifts typically range $50-100.
    It's the same in my circle. My shower will be almost exclusively family as we have a lot of women on both sides. FI's family usually does smaller gifts- I've been told in the $20-$30 range while my family is usually around $75. I'm hoping my registries work for everyone.
  • Options
    Almost everyone I know had a Dyson or some other single large item on their registry.  I always took it as a subtle hint about where gift cards would go.

As long as your registry isn't peppered with big ticket items, it's fine.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards