Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Disney World Honeymoon?

Hi y'all. FI and I are getting married in mid-March and are wanting to plan a late March/early April honeymoon to Disney World. This will be the first vacation we've planned.
Can anyone give me some tips on how to plan a Disney trip? 
Thanks in advance! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Disney World Honeymoon?

• Options
    One word: Travel Agent. (Ok, I guess that's two words).

Travel agents shouldn't charge you anything, and you should find a travel agent that SPECIALIZES in Disney and the Orlando parks (this means more than their "graduation" from the Disney University which is a simple online course) and has gone multiple times including after the change to the new FastPass+ system. 

If you can afford it, stay at a nicer resort off property with a decent concierge service who can do itinerary planning, or stay club level at an onsite Disney resort (club level guests are the only ones that get itinerary planning service).

Other than that, read, read, and do more reading.

imageimage

• Options
    I'm an annual passholder to Disney World so if you have any specific questions just message me. I would definitely recommend staying at a Disney hotel so that you can use their transportation system to and from the parks. Also with your reservations you will each get a magicband which is the new ticketing system they use. It's basically a bracelet with your park ticket loaded on it. You can also load credit card info for one touch purchases. Lastly you can pick your fastpasses ahead of time online and they will be loaded to your magicband
  • Options
    We honeymooned in Disney. It was amazing. I booked everything online. They make it very easy. If you do get confused, call them. They are very helpful on the phone. My only suggestion is to make your dinner reservations and fastpass+ selections in advance. You can do it all online or on your phone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    I would check out mousesavers.com. They have great advice for booking. I booked our honeymoon all through the Disney website. It's great because you can do a kind of payment plan! We have all our dinner/lunch reservations planned out with the meal plan they have.
  • Options
    I would personally not use a travel agent for Disney world.  I think there are so many people on here that know so much about disney and have been there many times that can help you.
    1. Stay in an on property hotel (moderate or deluxe)- Port Orleans riverside and french quarter, Grand Floridian, Yacht and Beach Club have generally less children than the rest.
    2. Purchase park hopper options on all days you plan to go to the park as several parks have poor dining options (ie: animal kingdom closes early, Hollywood Studios does not have a lot)
    3. DO NOT do a park every single day you are there.  Take some time to relax just at the hotel, pool or beach (depending on where you stay).
    4.  Take advantage of the dining plan only if it is free.  To purchase one is a ton of food for 2 people and in the Florida heat you will not be able to eat all of it.
    5.  Make reservations for popular places 180 days in advance (Be Our Guest).
    6. Go to the Spa, play golf, take a balloon ride, water activities, take a guided behind the scenes tour of the Magic Kingdom.  Just do something other than going to the park every single day as it will get exhausting. (Some fun things are a private greenhouse tour of living with the land in EPCOT, or scuba dive in the seas's with nemo pavilion).
    7.  They have wine and beer tasting packages in the world showcase at EPCOT.
    8.  Food is best in EPCOT out of all the parks.
    9.  Magic kingdom book Be Our Guest for dinner.  Food is very good and the Beast takes pictures will all guests after their dinner (it's the only time, doesn't happen at lunch).

I could recommend many more things to do and hotels to stay at depending on your taste.  I've been there 15 times and just recently 3 weeks ago.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We used a travel agent for our disney trip and I don't see why anyone wouldn't? They are free and assist with booking everything. 

Definitely stay on property- you not only get transportation from the airport and all over disney property, but you get extra magic hours- definitely worth it : ) 

See if you can get a free dining plan- it saves an extraordinary amount of money. They have these offers a few times a year for the off season (another thing to check with a travel agent about- they usually know ahead of time when it would be good to book)

Sometimes it's fun to do things outside of the parks- Downtown Disney is nice and there is a boardwalk at the 'Boardwalk' hotel with a few bars/restaurants/clubs- the piano bar "jellyrolls" is so much fun. You can see Epcot's fireworks from there too! You'll have a great time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards