Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Inexpensive attire for groomsmen

We are having a vintage theme wedding and my fiance is wearing a gray 3 piece suit. All of my bridesmaids are wearing different colored dresses in neutrals. We are needing help figuring out what to have the groomsmen wear that wont be so expensive. Suits can cost a few hundred dollars. We don't care about everyone wearing the same exact thing. Does anyone have any advice for us?

Re: Inexpensive attire for groomsmen

• Options
    If you don't want them to wear suits, they could just wear dress slacks and shirts. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I bought my fiancé a suit for a little over a hundred. I was able to shop during a sale and use a coupon too. If you have enough time, check for sales in different stores.
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You can tell them to wear whatever suits they already own.  It might look something like this:
    Or maybe not even full suits.  Maybe just dress pants, button down shirt, tie, and a sweater or something.  Example:
  • Options
    The cheapest option would be something they already own. Do they all have dress pants and a white shirt? The shirt is cheap enough to buy if they don't. You can make a cohesive look with matching ties (about $15 each).

• Options
    FI bought his suit from www.combatantgentleman.com $160, good quality, and they sell shirts and ties as well.
  • Options
    The groomsmen are suposed to wear the same level of formality that the groom wears. In other words, if the groom wears a suit, so do the groomsmen.  The suits do not have to match each other, and the vest is simply an accessory, and is not important.  Vests are not properly worn without jackets.  If some of your guys do not already own a suit, try sales at Kohls or Penneys.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all of your help. There are a lot of great suggestions!! Much appreciated
  • Options
    If your GM don't own suits, then I would opt for navy pants with a white button down shirt & then you can pick out some ties for them to add a pop of color. They can all match or just be of the same color family. If you go that route, maybe have FI ditch the jacket & just do the pants & vest.
  • Options
    doeydo said:
    You can tell them to wear whatever suits they already own.  It might look something like this:
    Or maybe not even full suits.  Maybe just dress pants, button down shirt, tie, and a sweater or something.  Example:
    i really love that bottom picture and I wouldn't mind at all if I ended up with something similar. This has made me feel much better about my own groomsmen situation. xoxo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards