May 2015 Weddings

Happy Wedding Month!

One year (and some change) to go ladies! Let's hope next May is filled with fabulous weather and sunshine all month long! 

How are your wedding plans coming along? We are really close to booking our photographer. I want to do it within the next week or so. And today I am going to book my first dress appointment for next month, yay! Also, time to amp up my exercise routine lol. 

Time is flying, ladies. Before we know it, we'll be saying our "I do's" :)
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Happy Wedding Month!

• Pink, you know this from CC, but I also am about to go wedding dress shopping, we just got our music, and we are close to deciding on our photographer!  I'm excited things are moving along.

In other news, when does everyone plan to book their florist?  This is probably the last major thing for us.  I have heard six months out but that makes me a bit nervous to wait so long.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Happy Wedding Month to all!  We are almost ready to book our photographer, and almost for our DJ.  
    I wasn't sure about the florist, I have also heard about six months out, but some people suggest to start looking exactly one year out, so then you can see what flowers are in season right now.  We don't have a big budget at all, so I am hoping to get local grown in season flowers, so I might start to inquire a bit now. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CC0805CC0805 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Ugh! You're all so far ahead! Currently looking for a DJ. Can't even think about a photographer yet! (Thankfully a friend of mine did an engagement shoot with us when we first got engaged and offered to do another one for our save the dates. She won't be working at the wedding though. Want her to enjoy it) As for flowers... My friends sister is a florist and offered to do them. I just don't really want any. Is that weird? I have bad allergies and I don't really want to be sneezing the entire time... Already had a sneezing fit at a friends wedding yesterday.
  • CC0805CC0805 member
    Hmmm it deleted the rest of my post... @jcbride2014 have fun dress shopping! Let us know how it goes!!
  • I totally forgot you guys were my wedding buddies, JC & Pink. I have the venue and DJ booked. I have my photographer picked, but we have yet to book. We haven't met her in person so I really wanted to wait for that, but it's so hard when we're planning from 200 miles away. Her pictures and reviews really speak for themselves, so I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and do it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cmarr684cmarr684 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    We have the venue, dj, officiant and photographer booked.

I was also wondering when to book a florist and what not.
  • JCBride2014CC0805 - The florist will definitely be last on the list. Our venue only lets us work with 3 florists, so that narrows down the search. Also, I'm not a fan of flowers, so I am definitely leaving that for last. 
    Angusaur - that's right, we're wedding buddies :) And I can't remember if I told you this before, but I love your siggy pic :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• All of our major stuff is done! - venue, makeup, hair, photographer, dj, videographer, florist, bakery (small cake for us and then cupcakes & candy bar), honeymoon, and my dress!

We are getting our engagement pics done next week I'm super excited about it.

I think the deeper I get into planning the more I am wanting to get away from the typical/traditional wedding stuff. I was originally thinking a sit down dinner with chicken/beef but now I am thinking action stations.....maybe pasta, mexican, seafood etc....something different!

I really feel like this one year mark will really get me motivated to plan all the details! :) yay, congrats ladies!
  • Our wedding is at the end of May, so we have about 3 weeks to go until we hit the 1-year out mark. That being sad, I can't wait to get there! I wish it was next May already.

So far I've booked the following:
    -Venue
    -Wedding Planner
    -Photographer
    -Bought my dress

I'm currently working with my wedding planner on finding a caterer and on my own on booking room blocks for our guest (our wedding city is a popular vacation destination, so this is turning out to be a total headache). I've also started our wedding website and will hopefully be sending out our Save the Dates in a month or two; I want to get them out early because our's is a destination event. 
  • I'm getting married May 15 2015, so I have exactly one year from today! We are getting married in Jamaica just the two of us and just had our engagement pictures done today. Because we are having a destination wedding our planner is basically doing everything for us and all I need to do is go dress shopping, grab acessories, and help Fiance find his outfit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Woohoo! Less than 1 year til my May 17, 2015 wedding.

We are getting married in my home town (600kms from where we live) so planning has been a little tricky. So far we have booked the following:

Venue (ceremony & reception)
    Officiant (FI's uncle)
    Photographer
    DJ (through venue)
    Room blocks for out of town guests (booked early as it's a long weekend)

Next I will probably start looking at flowers, if nothing else, just to give myself more of an idea of what I'm looking for.

• Just in case any other May ladies are reading this and freaking out that they have nothing done:
    Wedding Date: May 23, 2015
    Things Done: Church and officiant secured
    ....and that's what I've got so far lol
  • @Knottie57852573 - Happy one year from today pre-anniversary!
    I am hardly ever early for anything, the only reason why I have a few things booked now is because I have been engaged since December 2012!  :-)  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CC0805CC0805 member
    Officially 1 year away!!!  It feels real now, like I really need to start counting down!

@Knottie57852573 you really did make me feel better!  Haha.  All we have officially secured is the venue and my pastor.  Our caterer is holding the date for us while they work on a contract and we're deciding between DJs...  Thanks for putting my mind at ease!  And good luck planning!!!!
  • Officially my negative one year anniversary! Things done: Venue Booked. Next to do: caterer and photographer!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our ceremony spot, reception/catering is booked! Still waiting to hear on a quote from a photographer (my cousin...) and we may have found the officiant (he said he'd do it, but there is a possibility he may move so i'm just waiting to see if it's a FOR SURE). Cake lady is booked, and we go for our first "meeting" in September!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • I am getting married in Jamaica on May 15! We are getting married just the two of us so planning has been so easy, especially because the resort does most of it. I just purchased my dress online from Davids Bridal and I cant wait to try it on. I also have my shoes already. All we really have left to do, is to chose his attire, order our passports, and to pick out our wedding bands.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards