Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Hiding wood paneling walls

My first post as a second-time bride. this will be gis first wedding. We have decided on a wedding and reception at my France's family church. It's beautiful, country setting with an outdoor pavillion that I am going to work some manic for the reception. For the ceremony, The church has gorgeous wood pews and wood flooring but these horrible wood paneled walls all around. I'm not going to worry about the sides, but need some massive decorations up front to hide the wall. The front where we will stand is sort of a stage area raised up by 2steps. Any ideas? Photo ideas are a plus! TIA

Re: Hiding wood paneling walls

• Have you first checked if you are allowed to do that?  A lot of churches have rules about decorations, especially those on/around the alter.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes! I did ask and was told I could decorate up there and use whatever I needed. Pastor suggested a white partition and even he admitted that I could probably be more creative than him, lol!
  • Look up your local event rental company and see if they have draping materials. That's a good place to start. Run it by the pastor and show him pictures so that you can make sure you've gotten the OK.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards